Technics EAH-AZ80 True Wireless Earbuds
May 2, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #271 of 282
You could order a new pair now and then, send the others back for a refund.
That's what I'm going to do if they don't stop acting up. I really like them as I don't think there is any other alternative, after returning the Momentum TW 3.

By the way the case seems so slick! I stumbled upon a wooden-like case but seemed to make the case bulky.

Most probably, I'll buy one too if I re-order one.

Thank you so much for your time and feedback!

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #274 of 282
Just picked some of these up and already very impressed. Clarity and soundstage is fantastic with nothing overpowering using Dynamic EQ. Only gripe is the ear tips can get a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Coming from AirPod Pro 2 and B&O Beoplay EX.

May 19, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #275 of 282
Just picked some of these up and already very impressed. Clarity and soundstage is fantastic with nothing overpowering using Dynamic EQ. Only gripe is the ear tips can get a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Coming from AirPod Pro 2 and B&O Beoplay EX.
I swapped out to Azla Sednas Regular. Extremely comfortable, good seal, sound great. With the Azlas I don't even ever use ANC whether out walking are riding my bike.

May 26, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #276 of 282
I swapped out to Azla Sednas Regular. Extremely comfortable, good seal, sound great. With the Azlas I don't even ever use ANC whether out walking are riding my bike.
Any guess what size of Azla tips I'd need if I use the largest (or sometimes one size smaller) stock tip? Thanks!

May 28, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #277 of 282
Any guess what size of Azla tips I'd need if I use the largest (or sometimes one size smaller) stock tip? Thanks!
I ended up picking up some Azla Sedna max tips. I found the MS sizing to be closest to the M sizing of the stock tips.

Comfort has definitely increased. Clarity improved with better instrument separation with slightly more treble sparkle. Bass about on par with stock tips and sound stage possibly very slightly narrower.

The stock tips are surprisingly great and I would not hesitate sticking with those if not for the comfort issue.

Also tried some Tanchjim TABP which were very good besides boosting the bass a little too much. Clarity was still there. Haven’t had a chance to play around with EQ to balance these out.

Had some Spinfit’s which were kinda all round rubbish.

Jun 1, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #280 of 282
I am an inch away from buying these. A question about equalization though, if I change the EQ in the app can I set this as a hardware default i.e. it is tied to the earbuds and carries between devices -- or does it only apply on the device the Technics software is installed on?

Jun 1, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #282 of 282
Having to replace my Sony WF-1000XM4 due to the dreaded battery issue. Was thinking of going with the AZ80 as a replacement but also considering going back to an IEM instead... specifically the Ziigaat Doscinco.

Sound quality wise, would the Ziigaat Doscinco be considered a far better option than the AZ80?

I listen mostly to hip-hop, soul, r&b, blues, grunge, and rock. And I like my bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back