TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Oct 30, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #213 of 241
There is a new update for the Tempotec Variations V6 this past week. Fixed a few glitches and added another plug-in under the Audio Settings "Dynamics" added.
What is the FW number for the new update? My wireless update says I have latest version, but I don't think it is.

Oct 30, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #214 of 241
What is the FW number for the new update? My wireless update says I have latest version, but I don't think it is.
Same, mine is V6_1.10_20230406_1724 so over 6 months old

Oct 31, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #218 of 241
I have found 1.10 only on TempoTec site.
Me too. Seems Tempotec don't have their support up to date. Not good at all considering their warranty is worth zilch too. Lucky I bought the HiBy R6 III, which has great support from @Joe Bloggs. HiBy vs Tempotec, like a quality company, HiBy, vs a bunch of amateurs, Tempotec, whose warranty is valueless.

Oct 31, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #219 of 241
Me too. Seems Tempotec don't have their support up to date. Not good at all considering their warranty is worth zilch too. Lucky I bought the HiBy R6 III, which has great support from @Joe Bloggs. HiBy vs Tempotec, like a quality company, HiBy, vs a bunch of amateurs, Tempotec, whose warranty is valueless.
So weird. I can't say why you guys can't get the update, unless the update was streamed by accident (like it's not ready for primetime yet or something). V 1.20 hasn't crashed anything yet.

Oct 31, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #220 of 241
So weird. I can't say why you guys can't get the update, unless the update was streamed by accident (like it's not ready for primetime yet or something). V 1.20 hasn't crashed anything yet.
The Tempotec V6 is a very functional, good sounding piece of hardware. They advertise a warranty, but in reality Tempotec give no support, don't answer emails, so there is NO de facto warranty. My 3.5mm does not work. The 4.4mm does and sounds good. My V6 is unsellable. So it's no surprise that some get the upgrade, some don't get the upgrade. So even though I am p****d of with Tempotec I will be honest and say it sounds good. If you get a problem you are in trouble, though.

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #221 of 241
The Tempotec V6 is a very functional, good sounding piece of hardware. They advertise a warranty, but in reality Tempotec give no support, don't answer emails, so there is NO de facto warranty. My 3.5mm does not work. The 4.4mm does and sounds good. My V6 is unsellable. So it's no surprise that some get the upgrade, some don't get the upgrade. So even though I am p****d of with Tempotec I will be honest and say it sounds good. If you get a problem you are in trouble, though.
I understand your frustration and down right pissed off-ness about customer service from the Chinese birthed audio brands. There are some here that have great customer relations, but for the most part have "difficult" customer service. The best you can get, usually, is that you have to send it back to China (unless you buy your gear from an authorized reseller in your country, like a Musiktek out here in the USA). For all of the players that I've had over the years, when something goes bad...I open them up to see if I can fix it. Usually it's a swollen battery or bad jack, those can be fixable. Always a challenge though, I nicked the ribbon cable on my Plenue D2 and killed it for good. I loved that player's sound. Luckily though the V6 runs JetAudio (which is what Plenue runs instead of a Hiby) which you can download from the Google store for like $10. That Audio player sounds great, it's different sounding, more spacious. Anyways, I digress.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #222 of 241
You should contact them through their Aliexpress store. I have contacted them and they have responded within a day about your problem. I basically said that I have a friend that has a faulty V6 and then they asked for a video of the problem (which is the common way to show malfunction on Ali). From there, at least, they are very responsive to answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back