The discovery thread!
May 17, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #101,836 of 104,106
What audio gear are you guys/gals looking forward to getting?

Either planned purchase or something on the way.

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Kinera QoA Adonis 2.0 - will be coming together with Relentless.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good, very tempting.
ibasso DC07Pro
Dunu da Vinci

May 17, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #101,837 of 104,106

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good, very tempting.
- 634ears LOAK2-TiCL; very much cannot stop checking my emails for shipping notice any day.
- Hiby R4; bit concerned with the massive amount of QC issues hitting the forums today lmaooo. Will be saving money for a higher end player if mine is affected and skipping the budget section altogether.
- not ordered but Pilgrim noir has my interest. I would like to add another high end cable to my collection after my Vortex purchase… 2 in 1 with Noir sounds good.

Lesson learned about modular terminations and cheaper cables, been listening to them a lot this week and they kinda just suck lol. I’ll be sticking with fixed 4.4 terminations from now on.
I’ll take the Miroak-II if we can move that little 4k bump up the treble range just a bit.
You will want to look at their newer releases for that, though graphs are hard to come by for this brand in general.

May 17, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #101,838 of 104,106

For me:
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.
Rentless is a fun V.
Aful explorer is a special set. I’m kinda in love atm. Like depends on what you want it might be their best.

For me the Simgot Supermix4, Noire as well, and Dunu Davinci.

May 17, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #101,839 of 104,106
ibasso DC07Pro
Dunu da Vinci
Forgot Da Vinci, got offered a review discount a month ago.
But haven't heard anymore meanwhile, can be they got flooded with folks who want to review both Dunu and Timmy is quite popular.

May 17, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #101,840 of 104,106
KBear ZS10 KS10 third party FR graph

1715928090895.png

source
https://twitter.com/snow_el/status/1791087808834375720
he do short review on the twitter post, you could translate it to english on the twitter page.

1715927933579.jpeg

Attachments

• 1715927843252.png
    1715927843252.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1715928069316.png
    1715928069316.png
    551.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #101,841 of 104,106

For me:
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.
man i just got the XD05 Pro. Out of the ones you mentioned, i already have the Relentless, Adonis 2.0 maybe incoming. Dita Project M i have reviewed and now aiming to buy one haha.

May 17, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #101,842 of 104,106

For me:
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

MEST 3 for personal use.

SuperMix4 due to curiosity

May 17, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #101,843 of 104,106
Aur Audio Aure vs TRN ST7

So I went into this one excited, due to my really adoring the sound signature and technicalities of the ST7 ($25-30.00/5 BA 2 DD) and my love of the Aure ($450.00 (discontinued)/6 BA 1 DD). Well....

This was not much of a contest to be honest. II'll be looking to pit the Hydro against the Aure's, because when it came to most aspects, the Aure was superior to the ST7.

Treble : Aure > ST7 : Better extension, air, resolution, and similar timbre.

Mids : Aure >> ST7 : The mids game wasn't even close. The mids are forward, have more bite, and male and female vocals are more forward. By comparison, the ST7 vocals sound much more distant. Guitars and keyboards have more "presence", but the ST7 has a tad more "warmth".

Bass : ST7 = Aure : While the Aures have slightly more resolution and slam, the ST7 has a more elastic and punchier bass that mioght actually be a tad quicker.

Soundstage and imaging : Aure >> ST7 : Here I thought the special sauce of the ST7 is the orbital stage with great imaging, but when listened to side by side, the Aure's make the ST7 sound downright intimate. The biggest difference is the spatial superiority of the Aures. There's more transparency, more space between instruments, and wider left/right imaging. Depth is similar back to front, but Aure is taller.

Detail retrieval : Aure > ST7 : Here's where we get as close to even as we did with the bass. I think with the more forward mids, and the better extension up top, the Aure seems to have more details, but I hear details in the same songs coming through about even steven.

3-1-1 Aure, but it's not really as close as it seems, though tbh, there's something about the presentation of the ST7 that I absolutely love, and I find myself reaching for them more than the Aures, and a lot of it has to do with fit. The ST7 are much smaller, and in turn, much more comfy to wear than the Aures.

So in summation, though the $440 paid seems to be justified in the performance ratio for the Aures, it's amazing the technical prowess, performance, and comfort i'm getting from a $25 set. The gap is closing fast. Rejoice misers and worker bees!

Attachments

• Aur Audio Aure vs TRN ST7.jpg
    Aur Audio Aure vs TRN ST7.jpg
    795.9 KB · Views: 0
May 17, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #101,844 of 104,106
This photo does not show how small the box actually is 😂 Aful squeezed every piece of budget out for the IEM, I think
Im using the zoom lens mode of my phone

May 17, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #101,845 of 104,106
All aboard the Aful hype train 🚂 🚂🚂

Aful is right to delay the Cantor. They need to ensure that they can top this humble 3 driver IEM.

Yeah the Cantor was overly bright and fatiguing at the Can Jam Singapore booth, good that they are retuning it.

May 17, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #101,846 of 104,106
Waiting for or excited about?

The four incoming KZ/CCA iems + Simgot Supermix 4. Something tells me it'll be more up my alley that the Kiwi Ears Quintet.

May 17, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #101,847 of 104,106

For me:
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

Aful Explorer (hype train is fogging Hydro)

634ears flagship (if it varies/improves significantly from Miroak-ii -- Basically, you will be deciding for me, no pressure!). Else Cantor or Volare to sample EST sound.

The next new 30 dollar KZ that gets noted in this thread, whatever that maybe! (As I dig both the warm Trio and trebly kz10 pro2)

May 17, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #101,848 of 104,106

For me:
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

The Symphonium Titan is an IEM you must experience if you get the opportunity. I don't own it, but I had the chance to listen to it, and it was truly exceptional.

May 17, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #101,849 of 104,106
The Symphonium Titan is an IEM you must experience if you get the opportunity. I don't own it, but I had the chance to listen to it, and it was truly exceptional.
This one is on my short list as well, actually.

May 17, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #101,850 of 104,106
Can anyone compare some of these iems to each other?

-Sa6 Mk2
-Variations
-Monarch Mk2/Mk3
-Ie600
-Fiio Fh9/Fx15
-Mangird Top
-SA6 THE ORIGINAL MK1. Best Neutral BA Ive try, excellent technical performance, lacks on musicality.
- VARIATIONS. Best sub400. Clean subbass, excellent uppermid timbre, excepcional on technicalities, good all-rounder. Not good on QC
- ie600. Good fit, bad price/performance ratio
- FiiO FH9. If you look for armonics on wikipedia, a photo of this iem is on the main page. A little bit neutral, good and soft bass.
- FiiO FX15. A little bit expensive for the technical performance. Dissapointing.
- MANGIRD TOP. A Fun Variations.

I've got some reviews of this iems here on headfi, feel free to check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back