The discovery thread!
May 17, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #101,883 of 104,109
What audio gear are you guys/gals looking forward to getting?

Either planned purchase or something on the way.

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Kinera QoA Adonis 2.0 - will be coming together with Relentless.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.

Curious about that Aful Explorer right now for sure. I've got a Kefine Delci coming in just because I'm curious about that set.

FatFreq Maestro Mini/Maestro SE are on deck for a tour soon and I've been squirreling up to either pick up the Scarlet or the Maestro Mini as my upgraded basshead IEM over my Legato.

Also believe that Fatfreq has a collab going on that's in early stages with HBB so that absolutely on my list.

And then the Simgot Supermix 4 is 100% on my list.

And on the headphones side of things, just got a shipping notification from SJY Audio so I'm hyped for some planar goodness there.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #101,884 of 104,109

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.

My Dusk has been on order for like 6 weeks, so hopefully that arrives soon.

I'm getting the Tanchjim 4U to give my thoughts on, and then yeah, the AFUL Explorer... That looks squarely in my wheelhouse.

No rush on any of these though, I'm basking in my Himalaya at the moment.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #101,885 of 104,109
Yes, it is about 3.14, yet I don’t know why they spell it that way?
Looking at the faceplate, wouldn't "PIAUDIO" be a more fitting name?
EDIT. I guess they were going for a phonetic thing.

Guess Penon likes their liquer/lacquer, Pi/pai to tease the consumers

May 17, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #101,886 of 104,109
Let me just leave it here...
The latest addition to TRN Aquatic series: TRN Medusa (=Jellyfish)

The official price is yet to be announced. Personally, I'll probably end up buying it just for the design (let alone the fact that recently TRN is on fire - pun intended). The price should be announced in a week or so, I'll make sure to post it here as soon as it's available!

GIyGreLa8AAOiuS

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #101,887 of 104,109

For me:
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

● Dunu DaVinci coming for review
● INTUAURA SplendorII for review
● Going to buy Explorer as soon as it's available (and when I have time to listen)
● KZ ZS10 PRO 2 for review but I'm not sure I'll like the more treble focused tuning everyone is enjoying
● ZMF Caldera and Atrium closed as part of a tour - will be really interesting to review full sized headphones
● Pilgrim Noir will be the first thing I try to listen to at SoCal CanJam. That thing could be a market disruptor for real

These Penon Voltage are the bees knees!!! They sound a lot more than they cost!
Well they sure aren't cheap so they better sound great 🤣

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #101,888 of 104,109
Hmm, I wanted to suggest looking for help on the XD05Pro thread...
But I've seen right now that you've been ignored there with the question. :)
Perhaps they are slow on the uptake or trying another language. :)
Good luck.

Cheers!
Man actually talked to @ToneDeafMonk as well as he also has one, he also confirmed me that in Turbo mode device basically provides hardly 1:30 hour of battery. So why even call this a transportable source? wasted almost a 850$ on this(including ROHM DAC). Now crying myself to sleep. I would have made a kicking desktop setup with this much money if i wanted a device which always need power lol.

In Eco mode it does provide more than 5 hours but the current output in Normal and Turbo mode provide better dynamics in the output, so :/ I am just sad now, gonna have 2-3 beers.

May 17, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #101,889 of 104,109
btw i clicked these two pictures today of D's Audio Freedom Rise, an absolute gem of an IEM. Strong, crisp bass, clear midrange, and exciting treble. This is a planar set.

3 opti.jpg

2 opti.jpg

And got clicked by a friend as well.

1 opti.jpg

May 17, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #101,890 of 104,109
)
● KZ ZS10 PRO 2 for review but I'm not sure I'll like the more treble focused tuning everyone is enjoying
Going by your past posts, my guess is you will probably find it bright and not to your liking.

It's twangy, twinkly, crunchy, crackling of an iem!

But unlike Simgot ea500, its not sibilantly harsh. It's smoother and better bass, tighter slams. Imo and all that.

May 17, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #101,891 of 104,109
Man actually talked to @ToneDeafMonk as well as he also has one, he also confirmed me that in Turbo mode device basically provides hardly 1:30 hour of battery. So why even call this a transportable source? wasted almost a 850$ on this(including ROHM DAC). Now crying myself to sleep. I would have made a kicking desktop setup with this much money if i wanted a device which always need power lol.

In Eco mode it does provide more than 5 hours but the current output in Normal and Turbo mode provide better dynamics in the output, so :/ I am just sad now, gonna have 2-3 beers.
Oh ho... Mental scenes, really.

May 17, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #101,893 of 104,109
May 17, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #101,894 of 104,109
That's the impression @Jaytiss had also given about hydro.

Btw on the impressive cheapie KZ- ZS10 pro2. So how did the switches play out for you. I didn't change from what was in the box (all On). I liked it, and enjoying the trebly-ness! But curious: any other good setting that you have settled on with this IEM (KZ has again nailed it, I must say)
Exactly how you set it, hehe... I finally ended up in all switches up [UUUU], which gives max bass and all so slightly reduced highs. I also leave it now in this position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back