The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
May 5, 2024 at 4:10 AM Post #1,081 of 1,141
Is it better then chord mojo 2 ??

Nope. Mojo 2 is still better
Bigger scale and dynamics which Elite cannot match

I had both at one point but decided to sell the Mojo 2 as it was bigger and the built in battery would eventually degrade

No regrets though as Elite is smaller and is close to the Mojo 2 sound quality

May 5, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #1,082 of 1,141
Nope. Mojo 2 is still better
Bigger scale and dynamics which Elite cannot match

I had both at one point but decided to sell the Mojo 2 as it was bigger and the built in battery would eventually degrade

No regrets though as Elite is smaller and is close to the Mojo 2 sound quality
And as a soundstage? Are you sure Elite doesn't leave the Mojo2 on the street?

May 5, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #1,083 of 1,141
The Elite is more technical than the Mojo 2 but Mojo2 I find warmer.
If you want to elevate both of them I can suggest the Vali 3 with 5670/12au7 adapter and a RFT 12Au7 valve.👍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
May 5, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #1,084 of 1,141
The Elite is more technical than the Mojo 2 but Mojo2 I find warmer.
If you want to elevate both of them I can suggest the Vali 3 with 5670/12au7 adapter and a RFT 12Au7 valve.👍
...another dongle popped up in the photo... lol
who knows why I already knew you couldn't resist trying it... :wink:

May 5, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #1,085 of 1,141
...another dongle popped up in the photo... lol
who knows why I already knew you couldn't resist trying it... :wink:
🤣🤣
You were right the AK dongle is fantastic 👍.
I know I have said it before but we live in fantastic times regarding audio.
To have this level of sound quality available at these prices.
I basso dc04pro
Ak HC4
Ibasso Elite
Chord Mojo 2
Schiit Vali 3
All of which punch way above their price points.

Just my view of course 👍

May 5, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #1,086 of 1,141
🤣🤣
I basso dc04pro
Ak HC4
Ibasso Elite
Chord Mojo 2
Schiit Vali 3

Just my view of course 👍
I'm listening to it right now with the AK PA10... truly stellar!!!
:wink:

May 5, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #1,087 of 1,141
🤣🤣
I basso dc04pro
Ak HC4
Ibasso Elite
Chord Mojo 2
Schiit Vali 3

Just my view of course 👍
How would you compare the hc4 to the Elite?

May 5, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #1,088 of 1,141
How would you compare the hc4 to the Elite?
The sound of the HC4 is much denser, with a much more present and deep bass. The mid-bass is the flagship of the DAC because it balances the extension and definition of the highs in an exceptional way. The Elite has notes that are more agile and tend to seek out details while the HC4 makes the density of the notes its main characteristic, but unlike what happens with this type of sound it maintains a noteworthy propensity for details and soundstage . The extension at the top is comparable and as with the Elite never offensive as well as well balanced by the general fullness of the sound. I think that in its price range (and not only) the Astell & Kern dongle is one of the best and certainly worth a listen. (personal opinion)

P.S. Unlike the Elite, when coupled with the AK PA10 it gains a lot, especially when it comes to the soundstage... truly an excellent pair.

May 5, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #1,090 of 1,141
And as a soundstage? Are you sure Elite doesn't leave the Mojo2 on the street?

Soundstage wise Elite is wider but Mojo 2 is deeper
Mojo 2 is definitely the better source. Everything is marginally better and it adds up

May 5, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #1,091 of 1,141
Soundstage wise Elite is wider but Mojo 2 is deeper
Mojo 2 is definitely the better source. Everything is marginally better and it adds up
Maybe this is due to internal battery also…

May 5, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #1,092 of 1,141
Ive heard Mojo 2 many times always having some better dap with me to compare. I tried and just couldnt hear this Mojo 2 "magic" at all. It was good but it always took a couple seconds from each song to consider the Mojo 2 as inferior to daps like M8, sp1000, sp2000, where the Elite sounds way closer to these sources. The Elite loses mostly in stage width against AK sp series but other aspects are very close. AK players have more airy effortless top end (best in class AK trebles) but other than that, the Elite is so good that its hard to believe.
In comparison to a more refined DAPs, the Mojo 2 was just too edgy and raw in transients. It was harsh and i just couldnt enjoy the music with it.
Maybe its the charm of the Mojo as Rob Watts always emphasizes that for him, one of the most important things in sound are transients and timing but for me the Mojo was just too harsh and also lacked soundstage width.

May 5, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #1,094 of 1,141
For me, after having and trying many daps and sources, the Elite is just a perfect source. It manages to blend technical aspects, like detail, separation, timing and dynamics with musicality and bit of warmth. For me its the best IBasso product to date. It carries this typical IBasso dynamic and incisive sound but is definitely less fatiguing than dx3XX series. Its just perfectly balanced and reminds me of a very good desktop rig. It has everything i always loved about IBasso but it got rid of the things that made me abandon IBasso boat some time ago after having dx320.
If someone wants everything in sound, like it was recorded from the bottom to the very top end, served in a very mature, musical, unveiled, perfectly neutral with some sweetness in mids, the only real step up from the Elite would be some of AK flagship players. Everything in between, no matter if from Shanling, Hiby, IBasso, Cayin, Fiio, will have some coloration or deficiencies. Im not saying mid range or even higher end daps from these companies are worse, but they arent as perfectly neutral. They can be too clinical, too warm or bit grayish.

May 5, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #1,095 of 1,141
Thanks for your feedback @RIGATIO 👍
I read on another thread that the Elite V2 is on the way.
(Obviously at the end of the month ?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back