ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 11, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #4,771 of 4,789
Screenshot_20240511_134117_AliExpress.jpg
Ordered a magical Rainbow Unicorn to travel the depths of space and time into another dimension inside the Prestige LTD hahahahahha.

It's a similar cable to the Noble Audio Vivid. But instead of 16core, it's 4 core, though thicker wire which I prefer, as thick cables can be heavy. 16 core is overkill for a iem . This cable is much much much MUCH cheaper too.
I found a "bifrost" cable like that. Super cool and way less than Nightjar's :wink:

May 26, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #4,772 of 4,789
I am not a believer of cables doing huge differences in sound. But the new cable I recieved actually does make a slight difference. Now how? I have no idea. Impedance? Maybe. No clue. But to say that notes actually sound more dense and thicker. The low end has a touch more kick and staging feels more airy and spacious. And detailes have come forward a touch more. Is it a huge difference? No. But can I hear it. Yes. Interesting. Overall, very happy with the cable 😁
20240526_160832.jpg

20240526_160609.jpg

20240526_160554.jpg

May 26, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #4,773 of 4,789
I am not a believer of cables doing huge differences in sound. But the new cable I recieved actually does make a slight difference. Now how? I have no idea. Impedance? Maybe. No clue. But to say that notes actually sound more dense and thicker. The low end has a touch more kick and staging feels more airy and spacious. And detailes have come forward a touch more. Is it a huge difference? No. But can I hear it. Yes. Interesting. Overall, very happy with the cable 😁

Super cool cotton candy colors and green connectors! Dm me the link!

May 29, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #4,774 of 4,789
I just can't take them off my ears...
Especially Prestige LTD.
MKIII's pretty good, it is the kilobuck gatekeeper indeed, but LTD is a better overall.

Thieaudio Prestige LTD.jpg
MKIII x Prestige LTD.jpg
MKIII x Eros S 1AE x iFi HD3.jpg

May 29, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #4,777 of 4,789
Is Prestiege Ltd bass heavy?
Would something like FF Maestro SE be better if you want bass for EDM?
The Maestro would most certainly have more low end thump. But the Prestige LTD gives what the song has to offer. It's truly song dependent. If the track has been mastered with low end that extends. It'll deliver. If not. You'll get thump, but it won't hit hard as other iems. I listen to a lot of EDM & HDM. The Prestige LTD, has never left me wanting more. And with what it gives. It does it effortlesly.

May 29, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #4,778 of 4,789
And you dare to come here, and make me want it with the MMkIII already in my ears. Damn it. :relaxed:
I had to 🤤🤤
First time I auditioned, I picked MKIII.
But after some time I tried LTD again, I realized it's truly better.
Details, imaging, resolution are really good, hall-like space, smooth and very refined sounding 🤤
There's no zings at all up top like MKIII (with stock cable) or feeling like hitting a wall of sound with the vocal.
MKIII bass indeed boomier & hits harder but LTD's just so mature, and overall it's really really good with (almost) anything.

Get one brooo 🤤🤤

May 30, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #4,779 of 4,789
The Maestro would most certainly have more low end thump. But the Prestige LTD gives what the song has to offer. It's truly song dependent. If the track has been mastered with low end that extends. It'll deliver. If not. You'll get thump, but it won't hit hard as other iems. I listen to a lot of EDM & HDM. The Prestige LTD, has never left me wanting more. And with what it gives. It does it effortlesly.
thanks

May 30, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #4,783 of 4,789
I am wondering now, since there may be only a handful or even fewer kilobuck IEMs now that can be better sounding than the Prestige LTDs but what would those be?
Better will require another couple of Kilo-bucks. Different? There's a whole bunch. Fir e10, Campfire Bonnyville are two I've recently heard visiting both headquarters 🤭 the Moon Rover is very reference, not enough bass for me but super cool, limited and neutral with technicalities.

May 31, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #4,784 of 4,789
I am wondering now, since there may be only a handful or even fewer kilobuck IEMs now that can be better sounding than the Prestige LTDs but what would those be?
I feel it's very tricky to find something that is a direct upgrade to the Prestige LTD that's won't cost double or tripple the price. You can maybe find something that has more detail, bass slam, soundstage etc. But to be completely a full upgrade that has better low end, better mids, better treble, better staging, better imaging, better tuning etc..... Goodluck. I'd stick with the Prestige LTD, and look for something different. Something that compliments the Prestige LTD. I'm currently looking at the Symphonium Titan as a basshead iem or maybe I'd go for the Symphonium Crimson. But most likely the Titan would be my pick.
There also is the Fatfreq Scarlet mini that has insane amounts of low end and good technicalities for less. But also the Fatfreq Maestro which could be another bassy set costing a lil more. The Prestige LTD is a great all rounder iem. But now, I want something for my bassy needs. And also something that's more in your face and hyper detailed.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #4,785 of 4,789
I feel it's very tricky to find something that is a direct upgrade to the Prestige LTD that's won't cost double or tripple the price. You can maybe find something that has more detail, bass slam, soundstage etc. But to be completely a full upgrade that has better low end, better mids, better treble, better staging, better imaging, better tuning etc..... Goodluck. I'd stick with the Prestige LTD, and look for something different. Something that compliments the Prestige LTD. I'm currently looking at the Symphonium Titan as a basshead iem or maybe I'd go for the Symphonium Crimson. But most likely the Titan would be my pick.
There also is the Fatfreq Scarlet mini that has insane amounts of low end and good technicalities for less. But also the Fatfreq Maestro which could be another bassy set costing a lil more. The Prestige LTD is a great all rounder iem. But now, I want something for my bassy needs. And also something that's more in your face and hyper detailed.
I can't stop using my Fatfreq Scarlet with my iFi Go Pods. They're #1 in my rotation. Even my old cd rips sound incredible with them. They add a nice amount of bass to my old heavy metal albums that were never mastered well. Highly recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back