Tidal Masters & MQA Thread!
Oct 31, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #1,817 of 1,853
Other ways are possible, although they require using a 3rd party player — Roon, Audirvana, JRiver, DLNA, UPnP etc
I know but Roon, audirvana, Jriver all are not free....and I don't see the point to have a streamer that costs 400 euros just to pay another fee (on top of tidal)....

Dana and upnp is an option but they both degrade quality if I understand them correctly....

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #1,818 of 1,853
I know but Roon, audirvana, Jriver all are not free....and I don't see the point to have a streamer that costs 400 euros just to pay another fee (on top of tidal)....

Dana and upnp is an option but they both degrade quality if I understand them correctly....
DLNA shouldn't degrade anything. It's much the same as Roon in that regard.

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #1,826 of 1,853

I don’t get it. Why not just download the Tidal app on your iOS, Android, or Windows device?

Right now, I am enjoying Tidal on my iPad Pro > Cayin RU6 > Focal Elegia.

BTW… sign up for Tidal on their website, not through Apple, who charge you more each month.

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,827 of 1,853
I don’t get it. Why not just download the Tidal app on your iOS, Android, or Windows device?

Right now, I am enjoying Tidal on my iPad Pro > Cayin RU6 > Focal Elegia.

BTW… sign up for Tidal on their website, not through Apple, who charge you more each month.
Because ifi zen stream offers better sound quality than just hooking up the usb directly to my MacBook and bypassing the streamer and use desktop tidal app.

And zen stream supports tidal connect and dlna....but until now I haven't been able to figure out how Dlna works or how to set it up for use....

Nov 4, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #1,828 of 1,853
is it available on iOS?

The creators of BubbleUPnP don't have a version for iOS. I didn't research if there is some app on iOS with equivalent function.

Zen Stream is based on Volumio software. Volumio needed to get updates from Tidal to support hi-res Tidal Connect. They have now integrated it and testing in beta release.
https://community.volumio.com/t/tidal-hi-res-flac-available-now/62309/45
After Volumio is done, it will be up to iFi to integrate it to the Zen Stream and release an update. All of this can take months, if they do it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back