Ultrasone Edition 8 - ALO Chain Mail cable
Apr 14, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, did your mom ever told you that it is not nice to tease people? especially with something like a Palladium ED8?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Well i'm having some technical issues that I need to revolve before I can decide on the ED8-mainly with recable and terminations.

Jalo,

Did I mention that I bought the last 2 that Ultrasone USA has in stock.
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 14, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jalo,

Did I mention that I bought the last 2 that Ultrasone USA has in stock.
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Ken

You are evil, very evil. My mom has constantly remind me to avoid people like you.
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif

Can you hold one for me? I'll decide in two days. Thanks

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #18 of 30
Hey Ken,

I want to ask, what is the different between this cable and the Modified SXC Cryo for edition 8..?
Which one has more balance sound, wide soundstage, very transparant, natural, compatible with RSA Protector, purer, airy, natural, Detail, not easy to broke, hard to get oxidation effect(cable become green), better SQ, strong material, fit with all kind of music, portable use..

So which one is best for me according above condition..?

- how much for Edition 8 Paladium with SXC Cyro Modified for length 1 meter..?
- how much for edition 8 paladium with alo chain mail cable modified for length 1 meter..?

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhone4G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ken,

I want to ask, what is the different between this cable and the Modified SXC Cryo for edition 8..?

The E8 SXC is the same OCC copper but it silver plated and the jacket is a PE not a Teflon, the stranding is a little different as well. Also the SXC cable on the current E8s we mod are a 4 wire and the Chain Mail is a 8 wire.

Quote:

Which one has more balance sound, wide soundstage, very transparant, natural, compatible with RSA Protector, purer, airy, natural, Detail, not easy to broke, hard to get oxidation effect(cable become green), better SQ, strong material, fit with all kind of music, portable use..

The Chain Mail is better in sound quality across the board. I can not comment on RSA Protector. The Teflon is far less permeable to moisture however that being said skin oils have a way of getting through barriers so I can not guarantee that copper will not patina. Greening does not affect SQ only looks bad.

Quote:

So which one is best for me according above condition..?

I would give the nod to the SXC for patina protection, but for sound quality there is not question the Chain Mail is the bomb.

Quote:

- how much for Edition 8 Paladium with SXC Cyro Modified for length 1 meter..?
- how much for edition 8 paladium with alo chain mail cable modified for length 1 meter..?

Please email me quotes for pricing.

Thanks

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 meter?? why so short?

Hey John,

The 6 foot cable is not set, we are making these to what ever length people desire.

Thanks!

Ken

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey John,

The 6 foot cable is not set, we are making these to what ever length people desire.

Thanks!

Ken

yes I know. I am one of your best coustomers (John Tuohy)

Just curious because 1 meter seems a bit short even for portable use....

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes I know. I am one of your best coustomers (John Tuohy)

Just curious because 1 meter seems a bit short even for portable use....

I have most people order 4.5 feet for portable use.
normal_smile .gif

Ken

May 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #25 of 30
Hi ken, Email the request to you ,really interested in this. It looks so good and by all means should sound great!

May 10, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #26 of 30
Payment sent, get all excited! Thanks Ken.

May 20, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #27 of 30
Hi Ken, I've been burn the headphone since it arrived, and its been about 50 hours now. The sound changed a lot and it has a different SQ compared to the stock burned in ED8. I'm wondering, with the new cable , how long will it take for the phones to settle down?  Compare to the stock well break ed8, the fist thing I noticed is the much improved sound clarity, the soundstage is larger, the bass control is better. The sound is a bit bright to my ears at the moment. The intresting thing happened when I'm using the CM ed8 to A/B the SPL auditor and phonitor. The SQ changed drarmaticly between the two amps, and when using the phonitor, the sound become incrediblely lush and detailed, tightly controled with huge soundstage. Just wonder will the CM cable make the ed8 harder to drive but ultimately better across the board? I'm really looking forward to see how its like when I get pass 200 hours.

May 20, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #28 of 30

A new ED8 does take a long time to burn in the Tefon jacketed stuff does need a while to settle down and you should have immediate improvement over stock that is obvious. Truth be told I am not sure what the boundries are with the CM8, please let me how your journey unfolds. By the way I have found that phones with the CM8 cable seem to drive much easier than the same can with a stock cable. Case in point the Tesla 1 needed me to crank up the volume almost all the way on my Rx but a recabled one was more sensitive.

Ken

May 24, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #29 of 30
Its magic! When the CM ed8 just go over 100 hours mark, the brightness in the treble become so settle, and the mid really well controled with the texture felt like silk. I can hear much more details in the sub bass than the stock cable ED8, and the bass is very punchy but so well mastered with deeper deeper extension, Did I mention that the sound is bigger and the feeling is very airy, with all the instruments accurately line up, and the whole image of the music comes to live?  I just enjoy the music in a way I never felt before and forget the time.

In fact it just too good that I actuarly decided to upgrade my amp system for it. I've just bought HPA V200 tonight and in my A/B/C experience with V200 plus alo ED8/T1/HD800, I indeed prefer my ALO ED8 with just a bit smaller soundstage but lots more fun of the whole performance.

May 24, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #30 of 30
I just plug the AlO ed8 to the stock extension cable, and the sound changed pretty much back to the sound of the well- break stock ed8. I felt so good that I had recabled the phones and a bit regret that I should ordered the 8 feet or 9 feet cable. Thousand thanks to ALO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back