Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
May 14, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #7,321 of 7,333
@UniqueMelody What's your flagship IEM- the AP or the new Mason twins?
If both (all three?) are, what's the difference in their sound signatures?

May 15, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #7,323 of 7,333
AP is not an IEM from UM, but from Cayin.

FS is the current flagship.
Haha what? No, Cayin made the player that came bundled with it originally. Amber Pearl is made by UM.

May 15, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #7,324 of 7,333
Haha what? No, Cayin made the player that came bundled with it originally. Amber Pearl is made by UM.
Yep, I know how this sounds, but UM insists on considering AP not as a proprietary IEM, but as an IEM of Cayin. UM is said to have only collaborated, but Cayin produced it 🤷🏻‍♂️. That's why you won't find any reference to AP on the UM website.

May 15, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #7,325 of 7,333
Yep, I know how this sounds, but UM insists on considering AP not as a proprietary IEM, but as an IEM of Cayin. UM is said to have only collaborated, but Cayin produced it 🤷🏻‍♂️. That's why you won't find any reference to AP on the UM website.
Wow, someone should tell the whole internet they're wrong! 😂

May 15, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #7,327 of 7,333
What can I say... I'm with you!
I wonder why they're positioning it like this. Top to bottom that's a UM product from the casing to the design to the box that reads 'Unique Melody'.
By the way I've also noticed they don't list their limited runs such as the UM Max on their website. And the AP+N30LE was a limited run too..

May 15, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #7,328 of 7,333
I wonder why they're positioning it like this. Top to bottom that's a UM product from the casing to the design to the box that reads 'Unique Melody'.
To keep your distance in case the IEM is bad?! 😀 just kidding. They must have some reason…

By the way I've also noticed they don't list their limited runs such as the UM Max on their website. And the AP+N30LE was a limited run too..
Probably because it's sold out. Max is only available in Japan, have you seen on that website?

May 15, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #7,329 of 7,333
To keep your distance in case the IEM is bad?! 😀 just kidding. They must have some reason…

Probably because it's sold out. Max is only available in Japan, have you seen on that website?
Max was HK special; I only saw it listed at HK retailers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back