Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
May 14, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #7,321 of 7,348
@UniqueMelody What's your flagship IEM- the AP or the new Mason twins?
If both (all three?) are, what's the difference in their sound signatures?

May 15, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #7,323 of 7,348
AP is not an IEM from UM, but from Cayin.

FS is the current flagship.
Haha what? No, Cayin made the player that came bundled with it originally. Amber Pearl is made by UM.

May 15, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #7,324 of 7,348
Haha what? No, Cayin made the player that came bundled with it originally. Amber Pearl is made by UM.
Yep, I know how this sounds, but UM insists on considering AP not as a proprietary IEM, but as an IEM of Cayin. UM is said to have only collaborated, but Cayin produced it 🤷🏻‍♂️. That's why you won't find any reference to AP on the UM website.

May 15, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #7,325 of 7,348
Yep, I know how this sounds, but UM insists on considering AP not as a proprietary IEM, but as an IEM of Cayin. UM is said to have only collaborated, but Cayin produced it 🤷🏻‍♂️. That's why you won't find any reference to AP on the UM website.
Wow, someone should tell the whole internet they're wrong! 😂

May 15, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #7,327 of 7,348
What can I say... I'm with you!
I wonder why they're positioning it like this. Top to bottom that's a UM product from the casing to the design to the box that reads 'Unique Melody'.
By the way I've also noticed they don't list their limited runs such as the UM Max on their website. And the AP+N30LE was a limited run too..

May 15, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #7,328 of 7,348
I wonder why they're positioning it like this. Top to bottom that's a UM product from the casing to the design to the box that reads 'Unique Melody'.
To keep your distance in case the IEM is bad?! 😀 just kidding. They must have some reason…

By the way I've also noticed they don't list their limited runs such as the UM Max on their website. And the AP+N30LE was a limited run too..
Probably because it's sold out. Max is only available in Japan, have you seen on that website?

May 15, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #7,329 of 7,348
To keep your distance in case the IEM is bad?! 😀 just kidding. They must have some reason…

Probably because it's sold out. Max is only available in Japan, have you seen on that website?
Max was HK special; I only saw it listed at HK retailers.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #7,334 of 7,348
Hey everyone, how do you feel about Unique Melody's customer support and the quality of their products? Have you had any experiences with them especially after the warranty?

My friends and readers who ordered Unique Melody told me it is excellent, they reply quickly and are very helpful if you ever need them. Unique Melody also has the means to fix most issues if something is to ever happen to your IEMs, including re-applying polish, replacing 2-Pin connectors, and more.

May 21, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #7,335 of 7,348
I think you misunderstood the story. UM made and manufactured AP for Cayin. We don't count AP as our product because without Cayin's input, the AP won't exist. I thought it is a very clear statement I made when Mason 24 were released. If there are still some confusions, I hope this one can make it clear.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back