Updrade to more musical/fun dac amp
May 1, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #16 of 31
The K7 AKM amplification seems to be the same as my K9pro AKM.
I owned the Mojo 2 alongside the K9, and the former one is a warmer more "musical" sound.
Good shout on the OG Hugo, been curious about that one too.

May 1, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #17 of 31
The K7 AKM amplification seems to be the same as my K9pro AKM.
I owned the Mojo 2 alongside the K9, and the former one is a warmer more "musical" sound.
Good shout on the OG Hugo, been curious about that one too.
Seems what I'm leaning towards, a mojo 2 or OG Hugo. For office I want a desktop mode and able to take it home for weekends

May 2, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #19 of 31
Does anyone had listening experience with the mojo 2 Vs the original Hugo? Can't decide, similar prices. Also the original mojo is cheap as chips now, is the mojo 2 that much of an upgrade?

May 2, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #20 of 31
Can't comment bout the Hugo by experience.
The Mojo is a great, mid-centric, very musical DAC/amp with no emphasis on both ends which, imo, is worth to get.
The Mojo 2 is more "linear" in comparison, but compensate this with the added xfeed and the "UHD- EQ" (DSP). And this makes it even greater, bc you're able to listen to a lot more headphones without sacrificing the fun of all of them. ( Imo and ymmv, of course )

I really liked the hell out of the Mojo, but I enjoy the Mojo 2 even more.
Now I can boost the low end on my Monitor 5, as an example, and it sounds miles ahead compared to listen to the Mojo og. :ok_hand:

If I'd to choose, I'd go with Mojo 2 instead of Hugo bc of this feature.
If the Hugo would have the DSP functionality, that is another story. :)

May 2, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #22 of 31
I'm generally the type to find a sound preference and stick to it, so wondering if the options on the mojo 2 will really be utilised for the extra money

May 2, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #24 of 31
I second the Mojo2 which started as my headphone listening station dac and mobile dac amp. It is now my desktop dac amp and portable dac amp. I replaced it in my listening rack with the Geshelli Akm dac which is very musical.

May 3, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #25 of 31
Understandable... but it is an easy sell if you don`t like it/want to try alternatives.
(Older stuff like the Hugo and an OG Mojo may have issues with the micro USB connections like my Mojo does....something to be aware of.)
I always seem to forget about options of resale. I tend to just keep what I have and move on lol. But yeah, that's a very good point you raised. Only wish I could compare it in a listening test with the Fiio K7

May 3, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #26 of 31
I second the Mojo2 which started as my headphone listening station dac and mobile dac amp. It is now my desktop dac amp and portable dac amp. I replaced it in my listening rack with the Geshelli Akm dac which is very musical
Does it bypass the battery when plugged in if it's used as a desktop unit? That will be the majority of use. With an option on taking it home over weekends.

May 3, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #27 of 31
Yes, it does.
Mojo 2 has an intelligent desktop mode.
After a couple minutes/hours, it bypasses the battery if connected to power/mains permanently with an adequate source ( best is a 2A wall wart ).

May 3, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #28 of 31
One more vote for the Mojo2. I owned the OG Mojo and found the 2 to be a good enough upgrade on the SQ to justify the price.
My conclusion was that Mojo2 is a little better on technicalities (detail, soundstage) while retaining the "musical" nature of Chord products, which resulted in better immersion in the music.

May 3, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #29 of 31
One more vote for the Mojo2. I owned the OG Mojo and found the 2 to be a good enough upgrade on the SQ to justify the price.
My conclusion was that Mojo2 is a little better on technicalities (detail, soundstage) while retaining the "musical" nature of Chord products, which resulted in better immersion in the music.
That's comforting. I don't mind a small sacrifice in technicalities if it's more musical.

May 3, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #30 of 31
I second the Mojo2 which started as my headphone listening station dac and mobile dac amp. It is now my desktop dac amp and portable dac amp. I replaced it in my listening rack with the Geshelli Akm dac which is very musical.
Is it the JNOG2 SOCKETED [J2S] AK4499EX + AK4191EQ version you have? What do you use for an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back