V-Moda Vibrato
Oct 21, 2010 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

HiWire

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got an email from V-Moda about the new Vibrato this morning.

Is anybody going to be trying these out?

I've been looking for better headphones than the stock buds from my 3G iPod Shuffle, with a remote to control the device. The other option that I am considering is the Klipsch Image S4i.

Oct 21, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 14
http://www.v-moda.com/headphones/vibrato/
The name sounds more like, ahem, a "toy" than headphone.

Oct 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 14
They look exactly like the Vibe II which were horrid for the money ($45 worth of sound for $90? No thanks) and far too heavy for their own good.

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 14
Yes, except there are fewer colors. This is why I am curious about their sound claims... with the various iterations of the Vibe, it's been hard to tell from reviews and time periods what these things are supposed to sound like (not to mention the recurring durability problems that people are still complaining about in Amazon reviews).

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 14
iLounge posted an review.  They said the sound is largely the same:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/v-moda-vibrato/

While CNET is reporting that
" provide a deep, thumping low-end. Better yet, the bass in this case doesn't overshadow the other sounds"
http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/v-moda-vibrato-remote/4505-7877_7-34197598-2.html?tag=rvwBody

Anyway, gonna order them as soon as I get that $35 coupon that you get for sending junky earbuds in ( I sent in Apple earbuds) I know the headphones will sound worse than my RE0s, but the RE0s are just too fragile to be using in the gym and such.  Ideally I'd like to pick up some SA7s but I'm not keen on paying the early adopter price...

Oh, and |joker| I wouldn't mind sending over the headphones for you to review if you want.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 14
Ugh. Cloth covered cables. Honestly, will manufacturers never learn? Or is it that the average consumer simply enjoys having monstrous cable noise accompany his equally monstrous bass?

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
Ugh. Cloth covered cables. Honestly, will manufacturers never learn? Or is it that the average consumer simply enjoys having monstrous cable noise accompany his equally monstrous bass?

We give options (Remix is not cloth Vibrato is, and if demand is there i'll do a version with and without in same product)... many people prefer clothe and vice versa.   common consumers actually prefer cloth, but many audiophiles prefer non-pvc rubberized cables. 

durability is paramount though, we need to reach at least 60k bends on bare cable (plug + cable is 200k+) on average for our cables which is 6x "big company" industry average strength

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
anyone have any feedback on these?

Vibrato is a hit product that is vastly underrated IMO....  the reason we haven't promoted it much isn't bc of its sound quality (it is on par w M-80 or even better), but becasue its made of Zinc so we cannot make many....

we will sadly be sold out for 2-3 months in a couple days...  it actually is winning awards on USA Today REVIEWED.com, BEATWEEK, PLAYLIST, Travel + Leisure as the best headphone in its class.  Sound + Vision rated it EXTREMELY high too... (maker review).

-v 

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 14
yes, and color cable, one-button mic

May 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #14 of 14
I'm debating between these and the Future Sonic Atrios to replace some Image S4s. Has anyone tried these as well as the Crossfade LP's, that can give me a good comparison of the two, in terms of sound quality and sound signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back