Wireless headphones for PC?
Apr 26, 2024 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

yuppicide

New Head-Fier
Currently I have Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro and a K5 ESS Pro DAC. I am happy with the sound aside from one thing. The cable you can't detach. lt's all freakin tangled in circles and doesn't straighten out. I can only move a foot or so and the DAC will fall off the table. I don't want to get the mod done. I want a new headset.

I paid $160 for the headphones, $150 for the DAC, and $64 on Dekoni Ellite Fenstrated Sheepskin Leather ear pads. That's like roughly $380 so the new headphones should be somewhere in that price range, but a little higher is okay also.

Are wireless headsets going to sound like garbage? Can I use something like the Amiron Wireless or the Tesla T5 on a desktop PC? What do I need to get it to work? Or what other wireless should I look so for music, movies/TV, and gaming?

May 11, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 11
You need this on the go as well? Lossless? Noise canceling? What phone you got? Cause if you got an iPhone then you might want the AirPod max 2 when it comes out.

Biggest gripe people have with Apple is their lack of lossless audio support and price but when you factor in ease of use, comfort, and quality it comes out on top. Just wait for the max 2.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 11
You need this on the go as well? Lossless? Noise canceling? What phone you got? Cause if you got an iPhone then you might want the AirPod max 2 when it comes out.

Biggest gripe people have with Apple is their lack of lossless audio support and price but when you factor in ease of use, comfort, and quality it comes out on top. Just wait for the max 2.
I only want something on PC. I would honestly never own an Apple product. I hate Apple. My earbuds on my Android phone are 220 bucks Samsung Galaxy buds Pro 2.

Those Apple ones look small and overpriced.

May 12, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 11
You should get a Bluetooth USB dongle to enhance your sound.
I have the Sennheiser BTD600, which is highly recommended.
You can then pair anything you like with it.
Thanks. I don't know where, but I found some reviews on higher priced units. I'm going to order the one you have since it uses aptX codec, but the brand Topping gets good reviews. There's another brand also I forget. I may go with the $199 or $399 Topping. The EX5 or the higher DX5.

May 12, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #8 of 11
Audeze Maxell are pretty good just for that IMO.

May 12, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 11
Audeze Maxell are pretty good just for that IMO.
Two things.

1 - I don't buy gaming headsets anymore. Only low or medium end audiophile.

2 I had a HyperX Cloud Orbit S which used Audeze technology. I believe it was a $300 headset at the time. What a piece of garbage that was. I've written off HyperX and Audeze. Astro suck too.

I'm probably going to get the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless $549.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back