ZMF Atrium Closed
May 18, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #3,166 of 3,215
My Atrium Closed just arrived! These are the Baccate from the most recent resin drop.

I had to double check that I wasn't listening to an open-back for a second. I've never fallen in love with a pair of headphones this quickly before. Visually, these really come alive in natural light; They're surprisingly dark otherwise.

1716052787770.png
I saved ZMF's website picture of the Baccate during the Stabilized drop. It's one my favorites that I saved in my photo album. I'm waiting for the owners of the Purpuratus and Hyacinths to post pictures of their Atrium Closed once they receive it. Congrats on the Baccate!

May 18, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #3,167 of 3,215
My Atrium Closed just arrived! These are the Baccate from the most recent resin drop.

I had to double check that I wasn't listening to an open-back for a second. I've never fallen in love with a pair of headphones this quickly before. Visually, these really come alive in natural light; They're surprisingly dark otherwise.

1716052787770.png
In addition to the sonic virtues of my Olivewood ACs, I was listening to them with my DAP this morning and reflecting on how (relatively) light and VERY comfortable they are with the BBB strap and Caldera Thin Suede pads.

Just lovely comfort and of course a phenomenal listening experience.

May 18, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #3,169 of 3,215
In addition to the sonic virtues of my Olivewood ACs, I was listening to them with my DAP this morning and reflecting on how (relatively) light and VERY comfortable they are with the BBB strap and Caldera Thin Suede pads.

Just lovely comfort and of course a phenomenal listening experience.

Yeah that's another thing that I was surprised to notice, how light they are.

I do need to get around to trying the suedes some time. I honestly was not a fan of them on other ZMFs so far, but we'll see.

May 18, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #3,170 of 3,215

1716052787770.png
And I forgot to mention CONGRATULATIONS- that is a gorgeous pair, thank you for sharing the photo!

May 18, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #3,171 of 3,215
Yeah that's another thing that I was surprised to notice, how light they are.
Yes, absolutely agree with this and also I was surprised how light are the AC compared to the Verite. I think the fact that it has no metal grills contribute to its light weight

I strongly recommend you to try the Caldera suede pads. Very nice and balanced sound

BTW congrats! Beautiful pair and great headphone. I do love my AC

May 18, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #3,172 of 3,215
1 more photo of this gorgeous HP on top of the system

1715867257934.jpeg
The OFC cable doesn’t seem to get much love, but since I’ve gotten the Ragnarok 2 and can finally use XLR, this cable has really grown on me!

May 19, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #3,175 of 3,215
For its price, OFC is hard to beat! Still using OFC for all my ZMFs
I just wish it was a little longer! Any suggestions from the community on options that have the same price/performance ratio with comparable shielding?

Edit: I just realized ZMF sells a 9.5’ OFC cable…perfect! 💯

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #3,176 of 3,215
I just wish it was a little longer! Any suggestions from the community on options that have the same price/performance ratio with comparable shielding?

The ZMF Pro cable is 5.75' or 10.5'.

May 19, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #3,177 of 3,215

The ZMF pro cable. Definitely like it more than the ofc. It’s pliable, doesn’t hold shape and I think it sounds a bit better than ofc. I think it’s an awesome price point for what you get

May 19, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #3,178 of 3,215
The ZMF pro cable. Definitely like it more than the ofc. It’s pliable, doesn’t hold shape and I think it sounds a bit better than ofc. I think it’s an awesome price point for what you get

+1 on the Pro cable. It's amazing value for the price, and nothing quite beats the feel of a braided cable.

I'm also a huge fan of Hart Audio, especially considering the color & termination options they offer.

May 23, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #3,180 of 3,215
Listening Station.PNG

Simple joys of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back