Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 30, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #4,444 of 4,459
I sent an inquiry asking whether their sheepskin depth was similar to the stock vs the Wicked Cushions.

So take that as you may...

With that being said above, I decided to want to try them out anyway for the quality/feel of sheepskin at least and return them if I feel my ears touching like they were with the stock pads. I think they'll come to me by Friday or Saturday.
My sheepskin pads arrive Thursday, treaded myself for my bday.

May 7, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #4,445 of 4,459
Good Day...Maybe it has been treated before but I didnt found anything with Search Option...In Release v1.0.1.46 (2023/05/15) says: "- Fixed: Bug that appeared on Samsung phones that prevented the mic from working properly after hanging up a phone call."

Until now, and even after keeping Maxwell up to date, I am still having this issue. Using Maxwell with an X Series X and receiving a Phone Call in my S23 Ultra Samsung, result in MIC "turned off" so no one in the Party can listen to me until I turn off an then on again the Headphone.

Does anyone have this issue or knows how to solve it because its very anoying.

Thanks!!!

May 8, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #4,446 of 4,459
Good Day...Maybe it has been treated before but I didnt found anything with Search Option...In Release v1.0.1.46 (2023/05/15) says: "- Fixed: Bug that appeared on Samsung phones that prevented the mic from working properly after hanging up a phone call."

Until now, and even after keeping Maxwell up to date, I am still having this issue. Using Maxwell with an X Series X and receiving a Phone Call in my S23 Ultra Samsung, result in MIC "turned off" so no one in the Party can listen to me until I turn off an then on again the Headphone.

Thanks!!!

Hi,

I had this issue.
I've made a mistake and updated only headset (because after update it paired with the dongle). I solve the problem by updating also the dongle.

Possibly I also reset to factory settings, I'm not sure.

May 8, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #4,448 of 4,459

Thanks!!!
Please email us at support@audeze.com for direct assistance.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 8, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #4,449 of 4,459
Love the Dekoni sheepskin. Comes from the OG and Wicked. Sheepskin is the most comfy. I now feel the Gel didn't do that much of work. Sheepskin do feel a tad warmer. But it's easy to cool down after take the headphone off your head just for a while.

May 8, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #4,450 of 4,459
Hi,

I had this issue.
I've made a mistake and updated only headset (because after update it paired with the dongle). I solve the problem by updating also the dongle.

Possibly I also reset to factory settings, I'm not sure.
Thanks for your time in helping...Sadly enough I always update both...Dongle and Headset and the problem still is present. And moreover...before the last update (v61) I had and awful issue with the dongle...it wont turn on when using the Headphone with my XBOX SERIES X. But it worked ok with my Notebook..After days searching I came across someone in Reddit with exactly my problem and an answer gave a few steps to solve the problem which was a communication one with its origin in the Console...That steps solve my problem, but in the proccess I reseted Maxwell to factoring setting and the problem with the Mic after a Phone Call didnt go off.

May 9, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #4,453 of 4,459
I made a detailed video comparing a bunch of pads for the Maxwell. I include frequency response measurements, pad dimensions, and more. Hopefully this helps you if you're considering switching out the stock pads. I have links in the video description to discount some of the pads, including Dekoni and Wicked Cushion as well.

Deafen pads aren't bad for the price, mainly the silk screen version. They add too much upper treble for me though. WC Freeze still works really well but add the most weight to the Maxwell. Dekoni Sheepskin is a joy, and though the most expensive, offers the best blend of comfort improvement and sound quality. The Velour has great upper mids and treble, but drops a lot of bass off (by design). The Velour breathes well but has less isolation as a result. Bass dynamics are slightly softer with the velour, with the stock pad and Dekoni Sheepskin sounding the most "punchy and tight".

Frequency Response: https://gadgetrytech.squig.link/hea...oni_Velour),Audeze_Maxwell_(Dekoni_Sheepskin)
1715276874966.png

May 9, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #4,454 of 4,459
I made a detailed video comparing a bunch of pads for the Maxwell. I include frequency response measurements, pad dimensions, and more. Hopefully this helps you if you're considering switching out the stock pads. I have links in the video description to discount some of the pads, including Dekoni and Wicked Cushion as well.

Deafen pads aren't bad for the price, mainly the silk screen version. They add too much upper treble for me though. WC Freeze still works really well but add the most weight to the Maxwell. Dekoni Sheepskin is a joy, and though the most expensive, offers the best blend of comfort improvement and sound quality. The Velour has great upper mids and treble, but drops a lot of bass off (by design). The Velour breathes well but has less isolation as a result. Bass dynamics are slightly softer with the velour, with the stock pad and Dekoni Sheepskin sounding the most "punchy and tight".

Frequency Response: https://gadgetrytech.squig.link/hea...oni_Velour),Audeze_Maxwell_(Dekoni_Sheepskin)
1715276874966.png

This is an awesome resource - thank you! For me, it reinforces that the WC are best for me, saving me the expense of trying the Dekoni and Deafen pads, but to each their own!

May 9, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #4,455 of 4,459
This is an awesome resource - thank you! For me, it reinforces that the WC are best for me, saving me the expense of trying the Dekoni and Deafen pads, but to each their own!
No problem! Yeah, the WC Freeze are still a great option, especially for the price!

TBH I spent waaay too much time testing these pads. At least 20 hours of notes/music testing w comfort, heat, dynamics, leakage, glasses comfort, and of course the total sound impact. In the video I have pad dimensions and weights too if it helps anyone with ear size concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back