Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 3, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #1,096 of 1,254
Thanks for the responses to my enquiry on the Black Star.

My preferred music genres are rock, indie, singer/songwriter and electronic music, ie. minimal techno, dub, glitch, ambient etc. I like width, depth and soundstage, separation, organic mids, bass slam+weight and no sibilance.

Before pushing the order button I just want to make sure that the Black Star matches my preferences or if another IEM might be a better match...?

May 3, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #1,097 of 1,254
My preferred music genres are rock, indie, singer/songwriter and electronic music, ie. minimal techno, dub, glitch, ambient etc. I like width, depth and soundstage, separation, organic mids, bass slam+weight and no sibilance.

Before pushing the order button I just want to make sure that the Black Star matches my preferences or if another IEM might be a better match...?
Just press the order button 😎

The BS matches perfectly with what you want. I listened to some Sweatson Klank last night that sounded amazing on the BS. Lots of quality bass. I also listen to a lot of different rock and metal including some crazy fast stuff like Archspire and slower more bass driven music like Druids.

To my ears the BS is a great allrounder as long as the recording is good.

I also own (and love) the Vega2020 thats also a great allrounder as its not very sensitive to bad recordings and has a massive smooth low end to smooth things out. But to be honest it hasn’t seen much use since I got the BS as it simple does everything better and has a much bigger “around your head” sound if that makes sense?

Just be aware that it’s not a bass head IEM.

May 3, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #1,099 of 1,254
Thanks @rasse1977, but at least I hope the sub bass will work with electronic music which means it needs to have some weight and extend very deep...?
Bass and sub bass are very good with good extension and lots of detail. But without listening it’s hard to say if it’s enough for you? Try listening to the track Momma Sed by Puscifer. The sub bass sounds amazing on the BS.

According to Campfire it’s designed to be close (slightly north of) to the midpoint between analytic and fun. But again it’s hard to know how that statement translates to sound without giving them a listen.

For me it was a blind buy and I’m very happy with them.

May 4, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #1,101 of 1,254
May 4, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #1,102 of 1,254
May 4, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #1,103 of 1,254
Have you discounted the official CFA cables?

I use the pure silver litz 4.4mm with the Sony IER-Z1R + E4UA adaptors. Low profile, no microphonics, no ear guide. Would be all over it if CFA did a T2 IPX variant so I could put it on my 64A custom

https://www.campfireaudio.com/products/pure-silver-litz-cable?variant=45788006514998

If you want a cable that is physically 'more', then yes look elsewhere
I didn’t like how the pure silver cable made Andromeda gold sound, pure silver made it sound too thin and peaky

May 6, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #1,105 of 1,254
Hey guys, whats wrong with the time stream cables
Blackstar and Bonneville owner
I do notice physical difference even in time stream cables, with BS cable more premium
They both show tech specs of 8 band
What does this mean, 8 strands?
I haven’t started cable rolling as been busy tip rolling and trying to resist urge, lol

With TS cables,,,included, honestly i cant see any other need as sonically my iems are sounding phenomenal as is,, but seems i am leaning towards picking up a new cable but trying to reason with myself before purchasing

May 6, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #1,106 of 1,254
I do notice physical difference even in time stream cables, with BS cable more premium
I haven’t started cable rolling as been busy tip rolling and trying to resist urge, lol

With TS cables,,,included, honestly i cant see any other need as sonically my iems are sounding phenomenal as is,, but seems i am leaning towards picking up a new cable but trying to reason with myself before purchasing
I don’t think anything is wrong with them per se, I just personally don’t like flat cables.

May 6, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #1,107 of 1,254

In my case, I didn't find a good synergy with the stock time stream cables and only then I felt the Bonneville was having a phenomenal synergy with my SP2000 using the EA Cleopatra Octa (Pure Silver + Gold Plated Gold-Silver alloy + Gold plated Silver)

May 6, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #1,109 of 1,254
New planar magnetic IEM - CA Moon Rover?

1715024935631.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back