• No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #46 of 95
I'm bringing pretty much my whole setup, will leave the 58X and AKG K371 here maybe. Do we show up at 10 am if we are bringing gear?

Jun 8, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #47 of 95
So, we are getting close and I know I'm started to get excited.

I have been watching the news on the smoke, partially as I'm meant to be going to the Bantam Jeep festival on Friday.

It is looking like it should be starting to clear again Saturday, but it does depend on the wind. You should be fine in your cars and in the store, but I've got a big box of KN95 masks being delivered if anyone wants them as they leave.

Also Mike is providing drinks and M&Ms like last time, but he also doing a selection of sandwiches as well.

Also, like last time, can you please not bring in coffee or dark colored drinks that night stain the carpet.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #48 of 95
I'm bringing pretty much my whole setup, will leave the 58X and AKG K371 here maybe. Do we show up at 10 am if we are bringing gear?

I think that most are bringing gear, we'll be doing the main setup earlier in the morning, so please come in around 11.

Jun 8, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #49 of 95
Late to the party on chiming in here. Does anyone have any interest in tape? I’m definitely coming to the meet and want to know if I should bring my Otari Mx-5050?

Virtually all of my digital listening (2 channel) these days is done through tape. I have a very nice 15 ips 1/4” tape deck and I run my Yggdrasil through it. Since my deck has 4 heads I can record in real time and monitor either the source or the recoded tape in real time.

It’s wild to hear the difference. To clarify, I’m not bringing a stack of commercial tapes. I’m bringing a blank reel of SM468 that we can record onto (over and over again). You will be able to stream anything you want and hear what tape does 😎.

If I do bring it I will have 15 ips master tapes of Blues and the Abstract Truth and Waltz for Debby in case we end up hooking it up to a 2 channel system.

I’m super geeked about tape and would love to show you guys.

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #50 of 95
Late to the party on chiming in here. Does anyone have any interest in tape? I’m definitely coming to the meet and want to know if I should bring my Otari Mx-5050?

Virtually all of my digital listening (2 channel) these days is done through tape. I have a very nice 15 ips 1/4” tape deck and I run my Yggdrasil through it. Since my deck has 4 heads I can record in real time and monitor either the source or the recoded tape in real time.

It’s wild to hear the difference. To clarify, I’m not bringing a stack of commercial tapes. I’m bringing a blank reel of SM468 that we can record onto (over and over again). You will be able to stream anything you want and hear what tape does 😎.

If I do bring it I will have 15 ips master tapes of Blues and the Abstract Truth and Waltz for Debby in case we end up hooking it up to a 2 channel system.

I would like to hear it. I've never heard tape through headphones.

Jun 8, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #51 of 95
Packing up, going to spend the day in Pittsburgh tomorrow, stay overnight and hit the meet!

PXL_20230609_011040603.jpg

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #52 of 95

I'm intrigued to hear this, but you knew that already Sam!

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #53 of 95
Packing up, going to spend the day in Pittsburgh tomorrow, stay overnight and hit the meet!

This is now gettng exciting! Super interested to hear your Dac and Amp and the Caldera. Also jealous of your Pelican, feel like I'm just going to be bringing dozens of boxes, though I did invest in a nice Dekoni case for my Arya.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #56 of 95
All packed up for tomorrow, Physical media will get put into another carry all.
Excited will be there asap comin in from Ohio!!!
353078888_641513844175994_2237901103390958935_n.jpg

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #57 of 95
Unfortunately it looks like the new tubes for the Valhalla 2 aren't going to be here in time. Thinking of leaving the Valhalla at home, but if anyone really wants to listen to it, let me know tonight.

Jun 9, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #59 of 95
I'm all packed and ready to go, see you all tomorrow!

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #60 of 95
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back