[Interest Check] Pittsburgh Head-Fi Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

akarise

100+ Head-Fier
I've noticed that there hasn't been a Pittsburgh Head-Fi meet, at least not in the short 1.5 years I've been on Head-Fi, so I randomly brought it up when I noticed a fellow Pittsburgher in one of the threads. Turns out there's a few others who would be interested in a Pittsburgh meet as well, so I was wondering who else would be down to make this a possibility in the future?

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 59
Yeah I'd be fine with having it in May. I won't complete my desktop rig until April anyways so it's better for me too.

May 10, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 59
I'm interested.  If we wait until June, I might have the Oppo HA-1 by then.  I will be away the last week of June, however.

Perhaps "Music to My Ear" might want to host a meet.  They carry Sennheiser, Grado, and Beyer headphones and amps.

May 10, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 59
By June, I should hopefully have my HE-560. Would be pretty surprised if I didn't have it by then. I'm planning on getting DITA Audio's The Answer, but don't know if I'll have it by June.

JML, do you have any connections with Music To My Ear? I didn't know about it until you mentioned it, but it looks like a great place to hold a small meet.

May 10, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #8 of 59
I am waiting to get the Oppo amp/dac HA-1 in silver, which is due out in a few weeks (hopefully).  From this thread alone, we would have three of the newest planar driver headphones to compare, which would be interesting! 

I've been to that Aspinwall shop twice, but don't have any connection.  Perhaps if some of us went into the store and met with them, it might lead to a meet there.  One of the salesmen is really into headphones, and one of the two storefronts is just about exclusively devoted to headphones.  They have the Senn HD800, the Senn amps, top-end Beyers, etc.

May 10, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 59
Now we just need to wait for someone to get the Fostex TH500RP and we'll have all of the new planars to audition!

Yeah that sounds like it could work, plus we would get to audition the other gear they have at their store. This could turn out to be a pretty substantial gathering of high end gear, way above my expectations! I guess we can discuss details once our new gear arrives?

May 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #10 of 59
Once I get my silver HA-1, I'll update this thread, but I think a July meet may be more realistic than June, given the logistics of setting up a time and place.

May 23, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #11 of 59
I sent a note to Music to My Ears, using their website contact form, asking if they'd be interested in hosting a small meet at their store.  I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

May 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #12 of 59
Sounds good! I've received DITA's The Answer, still waiting on the HE-560 though. With HFM's delays, I'm hoping I get them in June, so a possible July meet might work out better for me too.

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 59
No answer from the store... 

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #15 of 59
I'm actually moving to Pittsburgh in about a week and should have the HE-560 and an upgraded Lyr2/Bifrost, maybe and LCD-3 to bring along.  Would be really interested in a Head-Fi meet!

Did the user above end up getting the Oppo HA-1?  I'm absolutely DYING to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back