[Interest Check] Pittsburgh Head-Fi Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #16 of 59
I plan to order the silver HA-1 as soon as it's released.  Oppo says "late June."

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #17 of 59
Great. I've got the current HE-560 pre-release as of this week but a newer model may follow next week or the following. I think if we're still shooting for a July meet it makes sense to be the week after the 4th (lots of plans then I'm sure).  Sometime around then sound good to anyone interested?  Can't wait to see that Oppo HA-1, I hope they stay true to the "end of June" promise.

Does anyone have an LCD-XC yet, by chance?  

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #18 of 59
I may or may not be busy in July, plans are all tentative as of now. Great to see that someone else in Pittsburgh will have the HE-560 though! Been wondering how my Project Ember would compared to the Lyr 2 so it would be interesting to hear the HE-560 paired with the Lyr 2.

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #19 of 59
Today Oppo's website says the silver HA-1 won't be in until July.

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 59
How could they!
For what it's worth I just succumbed to some in ear phones -- SE846 -- and a pair of NAD Viso HD50s to bring along too. With any luck we'll still be ok for that HA-1 in the second or third week of July.

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #21 of 59
If you guys pick a September Saturday date I will be in Pittsburgh for a 3d printer conference....

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 23, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #22 of 59
I'm in Morgantown and could make the drive over good a meet. It would have to be after August though as I'm getting married in August and Pittsburgh isn't on the honeymoon schedule :wink:. Maybe we can start doing them once every 6 month - a year?

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #23 of 59
I'm fine for every few months. Would love to try MrSpeakers from the man himself. But I can't delay anytime past late Sept because my job will probably have me out of Pittsburgh by the 25th.

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #24 of 59
The 3D Printing expo I'm speaking at is on the 18th, so the 20th would work.  But I'm just the tail on the dog, so that's FWIW and if it works for you... 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 30, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #25 of 59
I would be interested in a meetup, but for some pretty selfish reasons.  a week ago, my cat got to my Audio Technica ATH M50's.  So the cords are all torn up.  Does anyone in Pittsburgh modify Headphones?  I would want to do the detachable cable mod if possible.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #27 of 59
Read my earlier post about a store in town with several top-end headphones.

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #30 of 59
A Saturday would work best for me too. A venue seems to be the biggest challenge. I've never participated in a meet like this before. Does any have suggeations on where to hold it? I'm thinking a large enough room that has quiet surroundings and plenty of power outlets.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back