NEW HiBy R4
May 5, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #331 of 544
Comfortable in a pants pocket while walking, or strictly for table tops?
The 1st generation R5 is fantastic in this case; sometimes I almost forget it's in my pocket 😉 But small DAPs are not the trend anymore...

May 5, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #333 of 544
If you mean more soundstage width, it could be with the Sound Field plugin which would counteract any unintentional crossfeed (esp. on the SE output) and replace it with *negative crossfeed* at high settings (L becomes more correlated with the *opposite* of R and vice versa)

If you mean more soundstage depth and / or more dynamics, that could be with the DRX10K or convolution plugin e.g.:
Thank you, that is good to know. Maybe it is a bit unfair to ask about this before I even receive the unit but I will keep it in mind and give it a proper try in standard configuration <3

May 5, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #335 of 544
Hi, just an update on this front, we did in fact hear from Roon this year, they were saying they would complete their side of work this summer. Thank you Roon and sorry for any misunderstanding.

Whoop….whoop :relaxed: :gs1000smile::relaxed:

I sent a “pretty please” email to them last week regarding Roon implementation into Hiby players so hopefully they’ll reply to myself with a similar positive response, if not I’ll remind them on roon chat that the Hiby dap users are patiently drumming our fingers.

May 5, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #336 of 544
Very interested in this, but was wondering if anyone knows if this:

- Can be used as a transport to feed a dongle Dac (really love the sound of the FC6 and Mojo 2!)

- Is compatible with Chromecast?

I would assume both due to Android but you never know...

Thanks for any insight!

May 5, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #337 of 544
Very interested in this, but was wondering if anyone knows if this:

- Can be used as a transport to feed a dongle Dac (really love the sound of the FC6 and Mojo 2!)

- Is compatible with Chromecast?

I would assume both due to Android but you never know...

Thanks for any insight!
1. Yes
2. Being based on an android smartphone OS you might find it more compatible with Chromecasting OUT of the device than INTO the device...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 5, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #338 of 544
1. Yes
2. Being based on an android smartphone OS you might find it more compatible with Chromecasting OUT of the device than INTO the device...
Brilliant to hear, thanks kindly! And yes, I meant Chromecasting out of the device to external receiver. Many thanks for all your responsiveness and insights in the Hiby forums. Cheers!

May 6, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #339 of 544
Brilliant to hear, thanks kindly! And yes, I meant Chromecasting out of the device to external receiver. Many thanks for all your responsiveness and insights in the Hiby forums. Cheers!

I’ll add to the “thanks”, it’s very refreshing and can only be a positive move for the company to have a representative on here to answer questions and it’s one of the reasons I bought my R6 iii

May 7, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #341 of 544
If you can't beat them, join 'em😆 Hiby R4 has landed and the reviews so far have been spot on!
1000006201.jpg

May 7, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #342 of 544
If you can't beat them, join 'em😆 Hiby R4 has landed and the reviews so far have been spot on!
Hi, nice to see... On which specific points are the reviews spot on ? The snappy interface, SQ ? I guess you didn't have time yet to use it extensively, to be able to tell us about battery life ?

If this R4 had a battery life of 20 hours at least (so 15-16 hours real use), even for 350€/$ It could have replaced my R5G2. But R5G2 is now 2 years old, so I can expect Hiby to launch a newer iteration in the coming year, at a decent 300-400€, with newer 665 chipset, Android12, and still a great bettery life :wink:

In fact, just upgrading the actual R5G2 with the newer chipset would be sufficient for me...
The only other drawback I see on this one are the tiny buttons too close to each other, and too similar, that are hit-and-miss while using blindly with the case on.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #344 of 544
Hi, nice to see... On which specific points are the review spot on ? The snappy interface, SQ ? I guess you didn't have time yet to use it extensively, to be able to tell us about battery life ?

If this R4 had a battery life of 20 hours at least (so 15-16 hours real use), even for 350€/$ It could have replaced my R5G2. But R5G2 is now 2 years old, so I can expect Hiby to launch a newer iteration in the coming year, at a decent 300-400€, with newer 665 chipset, Android12, and still a great bettery life :wink:

In fact, just upgrading the actual R5G2 with the newer chipset would be sufficient for me...
The only other drawback I see on this one are the tiny buttons too close to each other, and too similar, that are hit-and-miss while using blindly with the case on.
Yeah, I just got it now😁 Took 2.5 weeks to arrive from Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back