Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0: Added library search function, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Aug 25, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #166 of 195
I figured it out thank you.

While I have you, can you guys please look at that issue with the unit requiring a "reset" using the pinhole when left on without pressing OK with lineout?

It's a really big problem for me, as I use it with the Q1.

I don't carry a pin with me when I'm on the road, so I'm screwed if I turn it on and get distracted, and it hangs.

Before you guys put this thing into EOL with no more firmware.

PLEASE!

Aug 29, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #167 of 195
Sad to hear support is dying for this wonderfull peace of kit. Love my X1 and troughout the updates it has gotten better and better.
Saw the changelog and noticed som nice things. My main gripe with the X1 was that is was so extremely sluggish with 64 and especially 128 gb cards (yes the hispeed ones). So i upgraded and the sluggishness GREATLY improved. Sadly though, my scrollwheel has gone nuts. I can hardly select anything now. Great advice of going back to 1.6.... :frowning2: Tried it and it worked!
BUT.....I don't want to go back to 1.6, because then i get all frustrated again by the slow UI. A cousin of mine has the same bug by the way. Both X1's were bought in the Netherlands. Could you please just fix this (last) huge bug? 

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #168 of 195
  Sad to hear support is dying for this wonderfull peace of kit. Love my X1 and troughout the updates it has gotten better and better.
Saw the changelog and noticed som nice things. My main gripe with the X1 was that is was so extremely sluggish with 64 and especially 128 gb cards (yes the hispeed ones). So i upgraded and the sluggishness GREATLY improved. Sadly though, my scrollwheel has gone nuts. I can hardly select anything now. Great advice of going back to 1.6.... :frowning2: Tried it and it worked!
BUT.....I don't want to go back to 1.6, because then i get all frustrated again by the slow UI. A cousin of mine has the same bug by the way. Both X1's were bought in the Netherlands. Could you please just fix this (last) huge bug? 

Hi, R3DB4D. 

Firstly thanks for your love to our X1 with the new firmware.  
For your this case, it also makes us confused that, the scroo lwheel will has the different working status when running the FW1.6 and FW2.0. As you know, the scroll wheel issue is already improved from updating to FW1.6(click here), moreover, the software engineers have not changed the software code about scroll wheel part on FW2.0. 
If you update the unti to FW2.0 again, the other 4 buttons around the scrool wheel also can not work?

We are afraid that you should send this unit to us for checking firstly. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #169 of 195
In system settings, the Screen timeout setting can only be set to 30s as the lowest option. In firmware 1.3 it could be set to 10s. From 1.4 to 2.0 this still has not been re-implemented.
Making options as low as 3 seconds would be useful especially because the screen turns on when the low battery warning comes on. Forcing the screen to stay on for a minimum of 30 seconds wastes much more power than is needed—more so because the player is usually in a pocket and the screen can't be seen from there anyway.

If I had the choice, I would have the options be: 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds and always on. 20 seconds could be thrown in the list because there already are 6 options to choose from.

This is like the fourth or fifth time I've posted about this problem.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #170 of 195
I'm going to assume my issue is going ignored now, since you replied to someone that mentioned something after me.

The unit freezing is a huge bug.

Simple test, just throw a unit you have into line out mode, turn it off, then turn it on, and don't touch it, let the screen turn off on its own while on that click OK warning screen, and the unit WILL freeze.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #171 of 195
  In system settings, the Screen timeout setting can only be set to 30s as the lowest option. In firmware 1.3 it could be set to 10s. From 1.4 to 2.0 this still has not been re-implemented.
Making options as low as 3 seconds would be useful especially because the screen turns on when the low battery warning comes on. Forcing the screen to stay on for a minimum of 30 seconds wastes much more power than is needed—more so because the player is usually in a pocket and the screen can't be seen from there anyway.

If I had the choice, I would have the options be: 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds and always on. 20 seconds could be thrown in the list because there already are 6 options to choose from.

This is like the fourth or fifth time I've posted about this problem.

Dear ForSerious,
Thank you for your feedback. But every user has different requirement of the screen timeout. Maybe you can lock the screen by clicking the power button if you think the screen timeout is too long. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 31, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #172 of 195
I'm going to assume my issue is going ignored now, since you replied to someone that mentioned something after me.

The unit freezing is a huge bug.

Simple test, just throw a unit you have into line out mode, turn it off, then turn it on, and don't touch it, let the screen turn off on its own while on that click OK warning screen, and the unit WILL freeze.

Dear ShampooCA,
Sorry for missing your qustion before. Sorry for bringing inconvenience.
Could you please tell us the freezing will keep on or the X1 work normal after a few seconds?
If the freezing is just a few seconds, the phenomenon is normal because it takes some time for the X1 to recognize the output.
But if the freezing keeps, it may be some problem. Could you please take a short video for us to confirm the problem? Your kindly feedback will be highly appreciated!

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 13, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #173 of 195
I made an account just to write this because it seems to be one of the places where someone from Fiio still read it :)

X1 firmware can't be final until you correctly manage 3 things:

- as others have said, it is a mistake to lit up the screen when the battery is already depleted and keep it there for a minimum 30 sec
- it is wrong that when the message about the battery is displayed, the user interaction with X1 is blocked because the first click on any button will dismiss the alert THEN the second click will execute what user has intended
- it is annoying that the message about the battery keeps repeating every minute or so.

One elegant solution is to replace visual cues with audio cues like 3 beeps at skip or next song. Another is to allow the user to close that message for good or at least if it is acknowledged properly, to repeated it after a longer period of time,  like 1 hour. Another, like someone suggested, is to reduce screen off time to a minimum of 2-3 seconds.

This all story has a negative impact because when the message about the battery is displayed, it takes 30 seconds. If I press skip in that period, is will not work because first the message will be dismissed than at the second click the player will skip the song. Because I click the button with the screen lit, now it will take another 30 seconds to close the screen but before that or immediate after, the battery message will popup again and then .. repeat. 

Of course, all that events are inside my pocket, with the screen lit but with no effect because I don't see it, frustrating because I can't skip when I want to and basically defeat the purpose of that message about the battery because it will consume even more power.

Please, tell your engineers to correct this behaviour!

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #174 of 195
  I made an account just to write this because it seems to be one of the places where someone from Fiio still read it :)

X1 firmware can't be final until you correctly manage 3 things:

- as others have said, it is a mistake to lit up the screen when the battery is already depleted and keep it there for a minimum 30 sec
- it is wrong that when the message about the battery is displayed, the user interaction with X1 is blocked because the first click on any button will dismiss the alert THEN the second click will execute what user has intended
- it is annoying that the message about the battery keeps repeating every minute or so.

One elegant solution is to replace visual cues with audio cues like 3 beeps at skip or next song. Another is to allow the user to close that message for good or at least if it is acknowledged properly, to repeated it after a longer period of time,  like 1 hour. Another, like someone suggested, is to reduce screen off time to a minimum of 2-3 seconds.

This all story has a negative impact because when the message about the battery is displayed, it takes 30 seconds. If I press skip in that period, is will not work because first the message will be dismissed than at the second click the player will skip the song. Because I click the button with the screen lit, now it will take another 30 seconds to close the screen but before that or immediate after, the battery message will popup again and then .. repeat. 

Of course, all that events are inside my pocket, with the screen lit but with no effect because I don't see it, frustrating because I can't skip when I want to and basically defeat the purpose of that message about the battery because it will consume even more power.

Please, tell your engineers to correct this behaviour!

Hi, Sidepie
Thank you for your kind feedback!
A threshold voltage is designed for the X1. When the voltage decrease to that value, it will be a tip appear in the display in order to remind the user to charge the X1. The dump energy of the battery is low at that time and you already can't use it for a long time.
Besides, the user can lock the display by click the power button when the message appear. This function is suitable for most users. But sorry for bringing inconvenience for you. Charing for the battery on time will also be good for the battery life.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #175 of 195
I have tried the suggestion of just turning the screen off every time the low battery warning comes on. Sometimes I will do that for two hours before the player turns off. Others times it only takes ten minutes. When the warning comes on about every ten seconds, two hours is a long time to keep turning it off.
As for charging the player when it gets that low, most of the time that is not an option for me. I would rather use it until it shuts off, and hope it lasts longer than shorter.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #176 of 195
I agree with ForSerious and anyone else who mentioned a thing or two about the battery warning. Here's my suggestion should you consider it:

Have the battery warning flash once, just once, maybe with a message similar to how the Line Out warning appears. The message could be something like:

"Battery power is low. Please charge your unit now or charge it after the unit shuts down. Press OK to turn your unit off or Dismiss to continue."

<OK button> <Dismiss button>

With this, you're giving the user total control of how they'd want to manage low power PLUS users don't get the invasive warning every few minutes. It will improve user experience, trust me. Been on a sales/customer oriented job for years. :wink: 

And think about this - The X1 is now the #1 ranked DAP in Head Gear. That means, without a doubt, it's now the #1 DAP in the world. The firmware then deserves this improvement. :)

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #177 of 195
While we're at it discussing firmware improvements on our beloved X1, Fiio released the ALL NEW X1 on Fiio.net - http://www.fiio.net/en/products/57!!! 

Now my question is, will there be an ALL NEW X3 or an ALL NEW X5 anytime soon?! How soon?! And no announcements here at Head-fi?! Or did I miss it?! Silly me for that matter. Haha!

@FiiO - Did we miss anything?! I'm from the Philippines. Any approximate release dates (to my country or anywhere else)?

Thanks!!!

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #178 of 195
I'm too stupid or what?
This thread started on 9/17/15 discussing version 2.0 on page 1 ???
and page 9 on 6/10/16 this version has been released ???
Where is the historical sort sequence?

Sep 23, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #179 of 195
The original post has been edited (there is small text at the bottom saying when) so that anyone new to the thread has the latest info and doesn't have to search. Common practise on this forum for large threads :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back