Puritan Audio Laboratories PSM136, PSM156, PSM1512 Power Conditioners
Nov 21, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #31 of 1,021
This ITEM is slept on, great item imo.

Nov 21, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #34 of 1,021
I tried looking for directions on how to use the gm city but there isn't much out there. Are you suppose to connect it to a spare wall socket that is in close proximity to the socket used for the power conditioner?

Nov 21, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #38 of 1,021
No, I got bored with trying all the different combos, and was happy with the sound I had so I stopped.

EDIT: Actaually ignore that, I do. I have a routemaster as well and its that that is not connected to the ground master
So you do have the ground master connected to your psm 156 but you don't have anything connected to the routemaster, am I getting that right?

Nov 21, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #39 of 1,021
So you do have the ground master connected to your psm 156 but you don't have anything connected to the routemaster, am I getting that right?
Mostly. Although to be honest, it doesnt matter how I set my stuff up, you need to do the experiments yourself. Some times it made no difference, sometimes it added clarity, sometimes it just sounded duller. You have to play with it, there is no hard and fast rule. I spoke to the Puritan team at a hifi show and they said the same, just try different stuff

Nov 21, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #40 of 1,021
Mostly. Although to be honest, it doesnt matter how I set my stuff up, you need to do the experiments yourself. Some times it made no difference, sometimes it added clarity, sometimes it just sounded duller. You have to play with it, there is no hard and fast rule. I spoke to the Puritan team at a hifi show and they said the same, just try different stuff
Appreciate the advice, just looking for general patterns and trends, like you said there are no hard and fast rules to this hobby.

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #42 of 1,021
"On sound quality alone the P20 is the better unit. While it did not fix the transformer buzz on some of the amps I have here as the 156 did, with it in the chain the sound was super refined, smooth, expansive and the bass was improved. The 156 tends to be on the brighter side. After a while with the 156 I do feel the P20 offered a better sound in my system with the regenerated power. Even so, the 156 also improves my sound yet in a different way. With the P20 your system will sound the same 100% of the time without any variations. With the 156 it’s about the same though not as rock solid. The P20 is $10k though so the value goes to the 156 without question. But if you want the the best for power, the P20 is about as good as it gets." -Steve Huff

I'll wait till the Puritan arrives and hear it for the 30 day trial period and will go from there.

"None and I repeat none, outperformed the quality of the Puritan in Body, weight, and warmth; the areas you specifically mention. Different strokes for different folks." -David Abramson, Stereo Times.

The conflicting reviews, are interesting to say the least.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #45 of 1,021
It arrived, but haven't had the chance to plug it in yet. Will do that tonight and post impressions. I got the one meter length ultimate xx cable instead of the 2 meter. I believe the shorter cable could potentially sound better and I also didn't need the extra length. Also will post impressions on the puritan ground master city. I assume you put the banana plug from the ground master city to the psm 156 and plug the ground master city to a wall outlet (assuming farther from the system the better?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back