RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
May 3, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #1,591 of 1,855
FYI, on its Facebook page, Solaja Audio posted pics of its new VM1a successor and new 300B, which Aleksandar has mentioned a few times. Looks like they'll be introduced at the upcoming Munich show. Top pic is the VM1a successor and bottom the 300B:

1714757490996.png
Wow! Those are beautiful, both of them. Will check them out. I wonder whether the 300B tubes operate in push-pull or parallel single-ended configuration.

May 3, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #1,595 of 1,855
It's ugly though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't like the looks of this amp.

I like the looks of Immanis however.

May 3, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #1,596 of 1,855
It's ugly though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't like the looks of this amp.
It it were up to me, I would stain the wood front panel black (like the black-stained open pore ash on the dash of some Rivian trims), and make the top and knobs black, charcoal, or graphite.

May 3, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #1,597 of 1,855
Can any of the current owners of Immanis and/or Magna comment on if they tried their headphones for other media like movies for example or games? How's the Epic feeling? :D

May 3, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #1,598 of 1,855

I like the looks of Immanis however.
The pics are of the unfinished amp.
It it were up to me, I would stain the wood front panel black (like the black-stained open pore ash on the dash of some Rivian trims), and make the top and knobs black, charcoal, or graphite.
I talked to Danny about this, it will have a bunch of different finish and wood/options along with having custom finishes upon request, sort of like the Feliks Envy.

May 3, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #1,599 of 1,855
I talked to Danny about this, it will have a bunch of different finish and wood/options along with having custom finishes upon request, sort of like the Feliks Envy.
I'd love to see it in Walnut with black knobs.
Curious how it will sound, luckily I get to know next week

May 3, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #1,600 of 1,855
That sounds awesome! (Though also $$$).

May 3, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #1,601 of 1,855
Dude maybe cut the butthurt toxic stuff. I owned Bliss its a great amp, but its far bellow something like Envy, especially when it comes to Sus its not even close. It doesnt stop with Envy, there are amps that will be even bette than it for Susvara for certain things like Rivera and there will be dacs that are more detailed and meaty with Sus than May. Some gear is simply a step up which is often reflected by its cost. I have zero illusions about something like Rockna Wavedream Signature outperforming my May and thats alright.
I see both sides of this. You weren't impressed with Bliss, and that's totally valid. But you are also VERY vocal about it, telling every single person who gets Bliss that it's not good enough, when in reality its designer used Susvara as his reference. Your opinion is valid, but maybe don't poop on everyone's parade so hard every time? :wink:

May 3, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #1,602 of 1,855
I see both sides of this. You weren't impressed with Bliss, and that's totally valid. But you are also VERY vocal about it, telling every single person who gets Bliss that it's not good enough, when in reality its designer used Susvara as his reference. Your opinion is valid, but maybe don't poop on everyone's parade so hard every time? :wink:
It is all okay. Everyone has their own taste.

The Holo May and Bliss are both TOTL in my view, and fabulous with Susvara. But that is not to say someone may prefer another amplifier or DAC. It’s all good stuff.

May 3, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #1,604 of 1,855

Users who are viewing this thread

Back