RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
May 5, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #1,622 of 1,855
I prefer punchy and dynamic over polite or amazing staging.
So do I . . . but my Immanis arrives next week. Fingers crossed I didn't order the wrong one!

May 5, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #1,623 of 1,855
It does make the Raals very warm and smooth with added body and bass. It's nice and fun but not really reference

So what would you say is reference with the same "added body and bass" ?

May 5, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #1,625 of 1,855
So do I . . . but my Immanis arrives next week. Fingers crossed I didn't order the wrong one!
Looking forward to your impressions.

May 5, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #1,626 of 1,855
Based on impressions, Immanis has bass impact just a bit weaker than Magna, but 4mm Xmax should be good

May 5, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #1,627 of 1,855
Based on impressions, Immanis has bass impact just a bit weaker than Magna, but 4mm Xmax should be good
Based on measurements Immanis has actually more Bass.
I don't recall the impact to be softer but I might check next week at high end again

May 5, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #1,628 of 1,855
Based on measurements Immanis has actually more Bass.
I don't recall the impact to be softer but I might check next week at high end again
That's exactly what I'll try to find out on Friday.

May 5, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #1,630 of 1,855
Look out for the Feliks Audio stand. You might be able to experience Magna and Immanis with the Envy AE prototype. Just don’t expect to hear very much (loud hall) unless Feliks have got one of the small rooms.
If he'll be there on friday it might be much better, the b2b days are not as noisy

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #1,632 of 1,855
Yes, the Immanis will be at MOC in quiet room with Felix Envy, probably 25th Anniversary.

Also, at Hifideluxe in Marriott, I'll be in a room #137, very quiet, with Felix, Viva, Riviera, Solaja and SAEQ amplifiers...
Now that’s an amplifier line-up to fill anyone with envy…….

May 5, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #1,633 of 1,855
With the Magna perceived to give more punch on the bottom end yet 2 ribbons vs the 3 on Immanis, would that be largely down to what's driving them making that distinction? Eg, if you had higher voltage / current driving Immanis, would it give the bottom end more dynamics & weight or is it more of a tuning aspect?

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #1,634 of 1,855
With the Magna perceived to give more punch on the bottom end yet 2 ribbons vs the 3 on Immanis, would that be largely down to what's driving them making that distinction? Eg, if you had higher voltage / current driving Immanis, would it give the bottom end more dynamics & weight or is it more of a tuning aspect?
Am also curious at what's causing the perception of sexier bass with the Magna.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #1,635 of 1,855
Just tuning/voicing.
Dryer bass below 60Hz on Magna make the upper bass stand out more.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back