SONY NW-ZX700
May 2, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #2,656 of 2,719
Was High res streaming mode turned on? This mode has increased battery consumption.

Sony’s listed overly ideal battery life might be achievable if you don’t keep changing tracks and don’t turn on the screen too often and in direct source mode with high res streaming mode off, Bluetooth and wifi also switched off.

15hours on a dap is already really good real world results in my opinion especially if you compare to other similar dap in similar price categories.

Also consider debloating your Walkman to disable/remove Google bloatware for better battery life:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-wm1am2-and-wm1zm2-android-walkman-optimization-guide.962975/
https://www.reddit.com/r/walkman/comments/1aglo9u/debloated_zx707_everything_works_perfect_but_one/

This one is better

May 3, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #2,657 of 2,719
Was High res streaming mode turned on? This mode has increased battery consumption.

Sony’s listed overly ideal battery life might be achievable if you don’t keep changing tracks and don’t turn on the screen too often and in direct source mode with high res streaming mode off, Bluetooth and wifi also switched off.

15hours on a dap is already really good real world results in my opinion especially if you compare to other similar dap in similar price categories.

Also consider debloating your Walkman to disable/remove Google bloatware for better battery life:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-wm1am2-and-wm1zm2-android-walkman-optimization-guide.962975/

No high-res streaming mode. Pretty much no screen use as it was in my pocket the whole time and I just let it run.

As I said before, I already debloated too.

there are charging ports on a plane.
Meh, slow-charging low-quality USB ports. I guess it's an option but not a great one.

May 3, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #2,662 of 2,719
Yes, even in economy.

You can check seatguru for your airline and aircraft type and see if it has one. There's some exceptions, like LH doesn't put one in economy, but the majority of airlines I flown with has it. Look for the AC Power sign :) They're usually below your seat and the seat next to you (so it's shared, but most pax don't know it exists :)) ), sometimes it's in front (rarely) or embedded in the seat in front (very rarely).
1714724977965.png

The one from the IFE screen is 1A, still decent to charge things on a long haul

Anyway, speaking about the walkman's battery, I think it does decent on the music app but very poorly on apple music (even with downloaded music). But I listen most of the times at home, I take too much care of this little thing to take it around haha (maybe I should do that tho)

May 3, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #2,663 of 2,719
Planning to get Dignis case on my next trip to Singapore, not sure if you could get that in Aussie.
Maybe try Miter? saw some and it looks decent.
I have a Miter case which I'm very happy with

May 3, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #2,667 of 2,719
This is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. So there's a charging plug, yet you are complaining about have a charging plug.
it's really slow for today's standard.
it's 1A at best but I've seen 0.5A too which wouldn't even charge the device if you keep using it at the same time (which in the end, screws battery). I'm almost never using the USBs from IFE to charge, only if I'm sleeping or charging the watch :))

May 3, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #2,668 of 2,719
This is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. So there's a charging plug, yet you are complaining about have a charging plug.
Please learn about USB charging speed first instead of posting such a comment.

As @iskender299 said, if it's too slow, it doesn't charge fast enough for you to keep using the device and also may damage the battery.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #2,669 of 2,719
Just wondering what audio setting people use on the Walkman, I have just received mine and I have finished debloating google and was curious on how people set the unit up. I am using Tidal and Senniehauser IEM 600 with it.

May 3, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #2,670 of 2,719
Just wondering what audio setting people use on the Walkman, I have just received mine and I have finished debloating google and was curious on how people set the unit up. I am using Tidal and Senniehauser IEM 600 with it.
I like using the Sony player because it drains less battery than UAPP or streaming. I purely use it for flac files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back