TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Oct 12, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #17 of 244
I better grab and prepare a memory card.

Nov 8, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #18 of 244
Anyone who backed on kickstarter got their shipping tracking yet?

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #20 of 244
The delays mean I'm going to have to put this aside as a Christmas present.

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #21 of 244
I’ve received my tracking details directly from Tempotec for the last leg of its journey into the UK Royal Mail system. It came through on 10th November but as yet the Royal Mail tracking website is showing as no information available so I’m guessing it’s only just left the point of origin.

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #22 of 244
I’ve received my tracking details directly from Tempotec for the last leg of its journey into the UK Royal Mail system. It came through on 10th November but as yet the Royal Mail tracking website is showing as no information available so I’m guessing it’s only just left the point of origin.
Me too. Also just making it's way as I got the tracking number on 10th
This thread is going to get busy.

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #24 of 244
Nov 14, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #25 of 244
Got my V6 last week and it's a very impressive dap.

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #26 of 244
Mine only got picked up by shipping company yesterday.
Not what you would call impressive, considering how long ago Tempotec claimed them to be ready to be shipped.
Even more so when there are reports of dealers having supply.

Nov 15, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #27 of 244
Mine only got picked up by shipping company yesterday.
Not what you would call impressive, considering how long ago Tempotec claimed them to be ready to be shipped.
Even more so when there are reports of dealers having supply.
Not sure why it is taking this long for you. In usual cases stocks mostly arrive the last in my country. Was an exception for V6. Pleasantly surprised.

Nov 15, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #28 of 244
The postage company they are using is sloooow. My pair have sat for 6 days in Hong Kong firmly fast asleep. It would be nice if they woke them up and got them to me. The UK Royal Mail app is useless and cannot pick up anything. I ordered a Kinera Celest Gumiho Planar on Nov 9th and it has arrived in the UK already (not from Royal Mail app), which is pretty good. The TempoTec V6.....??????. Considering I was a 'Backer' it's hard to square that various HiFi outlets have got them before us.

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #30 of 244
So the Postman came with a loverly little parcel yesterday morning....the V6 with a nice green leather-ish case and 128gb card. It's larger than I expected, larger than both the HiBy R5 and the Shanling M3X. It has Google Play ready installed. Surprisingly it has HiBy MSEB, which is a very usable EQ system. The 3.5mm seems a little underpowered, even at high gain, compared to the M3X, but the 4.4mm has lots of oomph and is very musical. I loaded Amazon HD for streaming and the HiBy App for my own music collection. A plus point is that even lower bitrate MP3's sound excellent on it. Synergy with the IMR Dark Matter IEM is good. Definitely more neutral than my HiBy R5. Bloody bargain for what I paid. Excellent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back