TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Nov 23, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #32 of 244
Ok, so few questions/quirks.

How to force or make the V6 to use USB DAC's. I have tried 2 or 3 from my collection with different cables - none worked.

Anyone else has problem with logging into Tidal in the Hiby Music app? I keep getting "check network status" even though I have wifi coverage.
----
EDIT, added to avoid DBL posting.
I've managed to login to Tidal after updating Hiby Music App. Downloaded APK using link posted by Hiby in FB if anyone needs that.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #33 of 244
Just got my Tempotec v6, but the unit will not booth up after pressing the power button, the unit is fully charged. Is there any way to do a hard reset? I tried the power button + Prev button but no luck. Cheer.

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #34 of 244
Just got my Tempotec v6, but the unit will not booth up after pressing the power button, the unit is fully charged. Is there any way to do a hard reset? I tried the power button + Prev button but no luck. Cheer
Try holding the Power button for about a minute uninterrupted. Then do the Power Button/Previous for as long it takes. If nothing happens hold on power button again till something stirrs. Otherwise just open a chat with TempoTec.

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #36 of 244
Just got my Tempotec v6, but the unit will not booth up after pressing the power button, the unit is fully charged. Is there any way to do a hard reset? I tried the power button + Prev button but no luck. Cheer.
This is something I tried on a DAC/Amp which needed resuscitation.

1. Even if fully charged, plug the device into the mains. Leave it for a couple of minutes, then, while plugged in, hold the power button and keep it pressed for a while (a bit longer than you would usually press to switch the device on).

2. If it does not work on the first attempt, leave device plugged in and wait for longer, even an hour, and try pressing the power button again.

3. Another option would be to do the same, as above, but this time press both the power button and the volume up or down button.

Good luck with it.

Nov 29, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #37 of 244
This is something I tried on a DAC/Amp which needed resuscitation.

1. Even if fully charged, plug the device into the mains. Leave it for a couple of minutes, then, while plugged in, hold the power button and keep it pressed for a while (a bit longer than you would usually press to switch the device on).

2. If it does not work on the first attempt, leave device plugged in and wait for longer, even an hour, and try pressing the power button again.

3. Another option would be to do the same, as above, but this time press both the power button and the volume up or down button.

Good luck with it.
Thanks, will give it a try.

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #39 of 244
Received the subj 3 days ago. Two days passed with absolutely no problem. The third day started with a big time hanging. The V6 got irresponsive for 4 hours. Nothing could help revive it.
I tried to give it extra charging but it did not help. I wanted to connected it my PC (Windows 10) but in vain. Sent messages to everywhere where was possible, including chats. The time in their province was 11 am. Received no response so far. It means if you face a problem, don't count on them. Does anybody know how to reset/restart the player after it having been hanged?

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #40 of 244
I received the V6 today. Here are my very quick first impressions.

Build:
I like the sturdy metal build and the hefty weight of the V6.

Case:
The case looks and feels decent. The color fits the overall design well. On the negative side is that the handling of the volume wheel is not optimal due to it's recessed position in the case also swiping at the edges of the screen is a hassle due to the case overlapping.

Performance:
Not much to comment yet. Startup time and overall handling feels quick. I only have 300 tracks on the device atm. Tidal works fine.

DAP Mode:
Works fine and sounds great no complains. Plenty of output power.

DAC Mode:
Unfortunately this mode is unusable for me. Why? Because I get micro-distortion and/or buffering, timing errors every 20-60 seconds. These errors can be best described either as a short single crackling distortion like if you played a dirty vinyl or the tempo of music track played is sped up for a fraction of a second. I tried on my Windows 11 in all modes, USB powered, non USB powered, exclusive mode on/off in JRiver and Audirvana. I have countless other DACs none of them have this issue.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #42 of 244
DAC Mode:
Unfortunately this mode is unusable for me. Why? Because I get micro-distortion and/or buffering, timing errors every 20-60 seconds. These errors can be best described either as a short single crackling distortion like if you played a dirty vinyl or the tempo of music track played is sped up for a fraction of a second. I tried on my Windows 11 in all modes, USB powered, non USB powered, exclusive mode on/off in JRiver and Audirvana. I have countless other DACs none of them have this issue.
This happened to me on both my DAPs when I tried to use them as USB DACs. Both Shanling M6 and Hiby R8 display this behaviour with my PC. Stuttering/crackling and outright skipping of several seconds of a song. I didn't really try to troubleshoot it because they didn't sound well as USB DACs anyway, so it was more of an experiment.

Dec 3, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #43 of 244
Here you go mate - click!

*Do it on your responsibility, it's original APK coming from Hiby's FB page, but it was developed for one their own daps. It works on my V6 but YMMV.
**This is not my link but one that was posted publicly by Hiby themselves on their social medias.
Thank you, works perfect.

Dec 3, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #44 of 244
This happened to me on both my DAPs when I tried to use them as USB DACs. Both Shanling M6 and Hiby R8 display this behaviour with my PC. Stuttering/crackling and outright skipping of several seconds of a song. I didn't really try to troubleshoot it because they didn't sound well as USB DACs anyway, so it was more of an experiment.
Thanks for the confirmation. I'd really loved a double AKM chip DAC in my collection. Well it is as it is then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back