The discovery thread!
May 5, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #100,531 of 102,051
Control your expectations though 😂 It’s not lacking, but bass is still not its strength, even when compared with other (multi-)BA set. Though it’s not fair to compare a single BA against dedicated vented BA woofers. This IEM is all about the nice midrange and precise imaging, at least to me.

Oh, and get your amp out. Even the R3II sounds a bit meh with this one. As you would expect, it sounds great with its matching dongle.
Tbf there's no rush - they're only on my wishlist for now. Btw what's is its matching dongle?...I was also looking at the Hidizs S9 Pro - as the original is cheap as chips now.

May 5, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #100,533 of 102,051
Tbf there's no rush - they're only on my wishlist for now. Btw what's is its matching dongle?...I was also looking at the Hidizs S9 Pro - as the original is cheap as chips now.
AFUL Snowy Night.

The S9 Pro is good, but very very loud, especially with IEMs. And drains battery quickly. And gets warm. But when it works, it sounds very respectable. IMHO. You will need a 2.5 to 4.4 adapter

May 5, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #100,534 of 102,051
I use the R3 pro saber 2022 to power my dongles with the help of the Ibasso CB19 cable and a powerbank. Smaller and easier to transport than a 6” Samsung that I have here at home, which I also only use as a player for the dongles+CB19+powerbank, but it is much larger and does not have physical buttons to skip and rewind the song. That's why I only use the Samsung when I know I'm going to stay still on the couch.
This is a cool idea, which dongles do you like?

May 5, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #100,535 of 102,051
The Celest Relentless is a 6 BA + 1 DD hybrid.

Relentless 1.jpg

In case you are wondering, the term "Relentless" does not refer to a certain brand starting with K that relentlessly pushes out IEMs weekly.

Jokes aside, the "Relentless" is actually a legend from the Chinese ancient tome of the Classic of Mountains and Seas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingwei

In this story, a girl named Nüwa drowned while swimming in the East China sea. Thereafter, she was reborn into a spirit guardian bird called Jingwei.

This diety bird swore to not let her tragic fate befall anyone else, and everyday, she picked up twigs and rocks in her beak from a nearby mountain, in an attempt to deposit these into the sea. The bird was determined to fill up the sea, one stone at a time!

Concluding the story, the sea mocked her, saying that she will never succeed in a million years. Jingwei replied stoically that she will spend ten million years - even a hundred million years - to accomplish her dying wish of not letting anyone else perish in the same manner. Thus came about the Chinese idiom of Jīngwèi tián hǎi (精衛填海) - which translates to relentless resolve even in the face of hopeless odds.

Relentless 2.jpg

In fact, this IEM's shells feature a beautiful sea wave motif, in addition to a golden bookmark of the Jingwei bird, tying in nicely with this touching folk story.

Celest Relentless.jpg

Anyway, Chinese history aside, from brief out-of-the-box impressions, the Relentless sports a V-shaped tuning, which is very fun with big bass and a resolving treble. Treble is very well extended with superb air, something different from some of the recent darker Celest house tunings.

In fact, the technical chops on the Relentless are quite something, with a huge soundstage and nice micro-detailing. There's some hint of BA timbre, but initial impressions are quite promising. Will do some burn-in and A/B comparisons against other hybrid benchmarks and report back.

May 5, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #100,536 of 102,051

Relentless 1.jpg

In case you are wondering, the term "Relentless" does not refer to a certain brand starting with K that relentlessly pushes out IEMs weekly.

Jokes aside, the "Relentless" is actually a legend from the Chinese ancient tome of the Classic of Mountains and Seas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingwei

In this story, a girl named Nüwa drowned while swimming in the East China sea. Thereafter, she was reborn into a spirit guardian bird called Jingwei.

This diety bird swore to not let her tragic fate befall anyone else, and everyday, she picked up twigs and rocks in her beak from a nearby mountain, in an attempt to deposit these into the sea. The bird was determined to fill up the sea, one stone at a time!

Concluding the story, the sea mocked her, saying that she will never succeed in a million years. Jingwei replied stoically that she will spend ten million years - even a hundred million years - to accomplish her dying wish of not letting anyone else perish in the same manner. Thus came about the Chinese idiom of Jīngwèi tián hǎi (精衛填海) - which translates to relentless resolve even in the face of hopeless odds.

Relentless 2.jpg

In fact, this IEM's shells feature a beautiful sea wave motif, in addition to a golden bookmark of the Jingwei bird, tying in nicely with this touching folk story.

Celest Relentless.jpg

Anyway, Chinese history aside, from brief out-of-the-box impressions, the Relentless sports a V-shaped tuning, which is very fun with big bass and a resolving treble. Treble is very well extended with superb air, something different from some of the recent darker Celest house tunings.

In fact, the technical chops on the Relentless are quite something, with a huge soundstage and nice micro-detailing. There's some hint of BA timbre, but initial impressions are quite promising. Will do some burn-in and A/B comparisons against other hybrid benchmarks and report back.
Celest always pair the most ethereal story with the most disco nightclub sound signature

May 5, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #100,539 of 102,051

Relentless 1.jpg

Relentless 2.jpg

Celest Relentless.jpg

That dynamic driver is really delivering some powerful bass response! It looks like a very promising hybrid overall. The mid-range and treble also seem to be better than other Celeste IEMs. Thanks for sharing! 👍

May 5, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #100,541 of 102,051
This is a cool idea, which dongles do you like?
I have a RU6, RU7, Ifi Gold Bar, Ibasso DC-elite and if you want to consider the Qudelix as a dongle, I have that too. Each of them has its specific characteristic that makes me look for it after choosing which song I will listen to and which IEM I will use. Everything is synergy!! But, I confess that DC-elite is ahead of them all in my opinion... but, Gold Bar is right behind... next!!

May 5, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #100,542 of 102,051
I have a RU6, RU7, Ifi Gold Bar, Ibasso DC-elite and if you want to consider the Qudelix as a dongle, I have that too. Each of them has its specific characteristic that makes me look for it after choosing which song I will listen to and which IEM I will use. Everything is synergy!! But, I confess that DC-elite is ahead of them all in my opinion... but, Gold Bar is right behind... next!!
Have you had the opportunity to compare the iBasso DC Elite with the Luxury & Precision W4 by any chance?

May 5, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #100,544 of 102,051

Relentless 1.jpg

Relentless 2.jpg

Celest Relentless.jpg

A beautiful story to go with this release and naming. V-shape usually isn't my favourite, but I wouldn't mind trying this one, especially if its priced reasonably.

May 5, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #100,545 of 102,051
A beautiful story to go with this release and naming. V-shape usually isn't my favourite, but I wouldn't mind trying this one, especially if its priced reasonably.

At Can Jam Singapore, the rep was saying this Relentless is around $100 - 200 USD. Final pricing and release date TBC though.

If it is truly at $100ish USD at release, I think that it will be very competitive in this bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back