The discovery thread!
May 5, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #100,546 of 102,051
Been sitting the past hours trying to wrap my head around the KZ ZS10 Pro 2, the sound is a little fatuiging for me and not very enjoyable. Have a metallic timbre, very similar to some previous KZ hybrids models. I assume this is bad BA drivers being used, as this dont happen on the DD models and not on the Symphony that had DD and Planar driver.
When looking at measurement the Symphony should be more fatuiging, but even with the peaks on 2.5k and 9K Hz the Symphony sound more forgiving.

I don't deny the ZS10 Pro 2 having better tuning, also the DD seem to have tighter and better controlled bass. But I just cant get past the sharper metallic sound to enjoy the music.

My listening been done using the white crane SPC cable and Divinus Velvet tips, running off both desktop gear and the HIBY R8 II.

graph (17).png

DSCF5011.jpg
yea I was initially enamored with the Symphony because it was my first time hearing a planar driver... and the bass is crazy, but pitting it against the zs10 pro 2 it doesn't hold a candle to my ears... the bass of the Symphony is too much for some songs, and the vocals can feel oddly thin or just...unnatural to me compared to other earbuds. The Symphony is GREAT for metal, though... a genre I don't usually listen to.

May 5, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #100,547 of 102,051
At Can Jam Singapore, the rep was saying this Relentless is around $100 - 200 USD. Final pricing and release date TBC though.

If it is truly at $100ish USD at release, I think that it will be very competitive in this bracket.
Wow, colour me impressed whichever side of this hypothetical price range this lands in.

May 5, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #100,549 of 102,051
yea I was initially enamored with the Symphony because it was my first time hearing a planar driver... and the bass is crazy, but pitting it against the zs10 pro 2 it doesn't hold a candle to my ears... the bass of the Symphony is too much for some songs, and the vocals can feel oddly thin or just...unnatural to me compared to other earbuds. The Symphony is GREAT for metal, though... a genre I don't usually listen to.
Both are not very good sets in my opinion, but that's me. But for some they might be.
Symphony was just dragged in as it doesn't have the same metallic sound, but as I mention ZS10 Pro 2 is better tuned :thumbsup:

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #100,550 of 102,051
Not gonna lie, I kind of like the Symphony for what it is. While it may not be the most accurate timbre-wise, it has many other redeeming qualities that make it a very engaging IEM to listen to. When properly amped, its soundstage is ridiculously wide, and despite its warm analogue-like sound, it still offers excellent details in the upper-mids and treble region, thanks to its capable planar driver.

I agree that the vocals (and even other strings and brass instruments in the same range) can sound recessed due to its tuning. However, this also contributes to give a greater perceived sense of depth to its presentation. Also, the fact that vocals and instruments are more in the background allows both the bass and treble to stand out more prominently in the mix.

Nevertheless, the Symphony is a peculiar-sounding IEM, and I completely understand that it’s inevitably easier for it to be disliked. For example, I was not able to enjoy the AS16 Pro (no matter how hard I tried), but I recognize that there are people who can genuinely enjoy its soothing sound.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #100,551 of 102,051
Have you had the opportunity to compare the iBasso DC Elite with the Luxury & Precision W4 by any chance?
Unfortunately I still haven't been able to listen to the W4. I'm very interested in including this dongle in my collection, but I don't want to pay full price for a new one. And I'm interested in the non-EX version. I'm waiting for an announcement on the used market here in Europe so I can try to buy it.

May 5, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #100,552 of 102,051
A few years back, I ruined a non-detachable Westone IEM after sleeping with it in the ears. Probably snagged on something and didn't have sound on one side when I woke up LOL. Had to send it for repair and recabling.

Now I only sleep with cheap IEMs that have detachable cables.

Hmm, makes sense. Will stop using the wondrous Miroak-2 to sleep! Sivga, considering i got it for half price used, and also the tear-drop is such a snug-fit, I probably shall continue! I used to use bullet-shape Tanchjim One and then the Tanchjim Zero (Which i still have in possession), but night time, esp the first hour before eyes start to flutter and tire, i really enjoy the music a lot. In that nocturnal silence, everything gets amplified perfectly. So stopped usng the cheapies and moved up. But Miroak-2 is too good (and bothersome to get a new one with its month-and-half-wait) to risk. Plus it's that mmcx thingy. Perhaps, CCA Trio and Sivga can be alternated.

I usually doze off with the iems in the ear, (sleep timer on Apple music). Many times, only in the morning I get the iem out.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #100,553 of 102,051
My 2nd project is now live and I welcome anyone to check it out! It was definitely a challenge, especially the lowest notes. It is a Slovenian song, here is the lyrics translation:

I know I'm not the first who cannot
Step on the wild top of the world
And I won't be the last
To see you in my dreams

How many breathed air before me
And to how many
the most beautiful child is born
How many more are still to come into this lineage

But I'm the only one
Who carries our blood
I'm the only one
Who soothes your cry

I'm the only one
Who does not exist
Does not exist without your world

I know I'm not the first who cannot sleep
From all punches and worries
And I won't be the last
Once not to wake up

To others I showed my smile
Others saw tears on the ground
Others gnawed the skin off me
Again and again

But I'm the only one
That licks blood from your wound
I am the only one to calm your cries

And solely the only one
Who does not exist

And there is more and more hope in this world
I heard you wanted to live with me
And with that, give this single life for me

That's why today it's me
who inhales the air
Today the most beautiful child is mine
And today I fall asleep because tomorrow

I wake up with you

Also, hugely grateful to everyone with whom I could exchange anything about this mutual hobby we passionately share in these past 800 posts and 6550+ of your supportive likes.

That's beautiful, dude. Your range is very, very solid.

Everyone has a preferred register -- I can tell yours is higher. But you still dig deep to hit the lower notes. My singing style is similar. It's just as hard for me to sing Johnny Cash as it is Bon Scott! Reaching to hit the valleys is just as tough as reaching to climb the peaks.

Keep posting these vids. I enjoy your vocals and music, and maybe I'll learn some Slovenian!

P.S.: I spy the three tuning forks logo of Yamaha on those stool cushions! (avid MotoGP fan here) :)

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #100,554 of 102,051
My 2nd project is now live and I welcome anyone to check it out! It was definitely a challenge, especially the lowest notes. It is a Slovenian song, here is the lyrics translation:

And I won't be the last
To see you in my dreams

And to how many

But I'm the only one
Who carries our blood
I'm the only one
Who soothes your cry

I'm the only one
Who does not exist

And I won't be the last
Once not to wake up

Again and again

But I'm the only one

And solely the only one
Who does not exist

That's why today it's me
who inhales the air

I wake up with you

Also, hugely grateful to everyone with whom I could exchange anything about this mutual hobby we passionately share in these past 800 posts and 6550+ of your supportive likes.

Congratulation man..!!

May 5, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #100,555 of 102,051
At Can Jam Singapore, the rep was saying this Relentless is around $100 - 200 USD. Final pricing and release date TBC though.

If it is truly at $100ish USD at release, I think that it will be very competitive in this bracket.
Based on Phoenix ar $129 MSRP, Relentless is expected to be higher. I may get it at $149 or below
Both are not very good sets in my opinion, but that's me. But for some they might be.
Symphony was just dragged in as it doesn't have the same metallic sound, but as I mention ZS10 Pro 2 is better tuned :thumbsup:
I hope KZ will finally get their lesson and totally stop sending samples to reviewers to further lowering their cost for the best values and less fuss.
Totally fake alegations with ZEX pro and DQ6 were not enough?? Well, if not learning there - a good reason to stop supporting KZ from older fans like me...

If one enjoyed ZS10 pro, pro X, then pro 2 is a well developed progression of the rampant V profile with the prominent treble. Just compare with TRN ST7 for good old 30095 really peircing treble.

I am really happy that I could enjoy "flat" (not to me) AS24 to the fullest, and just appreciate ZS10 pro 2 as a nice iteration (a great flavour not the main IEM). I can understand Trio being very likeable, but I do prefer DQ6 for its fun and engagement.

As for the recent CCA Hydro - both my math and physics are against it:
For the math, exactly twice more drivers than Rhapsody for 3+ times the cost is a hard value proposition.
For the physics, 8 (!) exactly the same BA drivers can deliver buttery smoothness but not the range. I hope KZ will follow with 4+4 BAs, as per TWFK + SWFK to further improve on great but not perfect ZAT.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #100,556 of 102,051
Based on Phoenix ar $129 MSRP, Relentless is expected to be higher. I may get it at $149 or below

I hope KZ will finally get their lesson and totally stop sending samples to reviewers to further lowering their cost for the best values and less fuss.
Totally fake alegations with ZEX pro and DQ6 were not enough?? Well, if not learning there - a good reason to stop supporting KZ from older fans like me...

If one enjoyed ZS10 pro, pro X, then pro 2 is a great progressio in the V profile with the prominent treble. Just compare with TRN ST7 for good old 30095 really peircing treble.

I am really happy that I could enjoy flat AS24 to the fullest, and just appreciate ZS10 pro 2 as a nice iteration (a great flavour not the main IEM). I can understand Trio being very likeable, but I do prefer DQ6 for its fun and engagement.

As for the recent CCA Hydro - both my math and physics are against it:
For the math, exactly twice more drivers than Rhapsody for 3+ times the cost is a hard proposition.
For the physics, 8 (!) exactly the same BA drivers can deliver buttery smoothness but not the range. I hope KZ will follow with 4+4 BAs, as per TWFK + SWWK to further improve on great but not perfect ZAT.
Looking forward to receiving Rhapsody...I agree - tbh couldn't really justify spending extra on the Hydro.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #100,558 of 102,051

It is going to be under 200$ bracket bro.

May 5, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #100,559 of 102,051
Hello to all.

Today I leave here my humble opinion on some IEMS that I enjoyed very much.
They are the TinHiFi T5S.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tinhifi-t5s.26981/reviews#review-33789

TinHiFi T5S 24_r.jpg

May 5, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #100,560 of 102,051

And I won't be the last
To see you in my dreams

And to how many

But I'm the only one
Who carries our blood
I'm the only one
Who soothes your cry

I'm the only one
Who does not exist

And I won't be the last
Once not to wake up

Again and again

But I'm the only one

And solely the only one
Who does not exist

That's why today it's me
who inhales the air

I wake up with you

For me, it is complex to sing especially the lower notes. You've done quite well.

I dared to sing for Rosalía but it's not going to be on youtube... hahahaha.

Keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back