The discovery thread!
May 6, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #100,576 of 104,106
P8 is 370 $ ... And if this is as good as 3 times it's cost, then it's really really good. I don't know who had been calling it as totl kicker.. But if P8 comparison is right (and he says it just edges it rather than huge difference in mids treble) then this hydro is great value for money.

I didn't see rest of review to know what else he compares favorably..
Bros, not sure when my CCA Hydro video will launch, cause I got baby momma drama other reviews to do, but it's easily as good as many 300 dollar products that I've heard. But suffice it to say it's mindbendingly awesome for the price and gets a full recommendation. I was listening to it, just losing myself in the music, not many iems can do that for me. Like, if you are at a show and someone has one to let you listen to it. I'd recommend it very highly. It's just stupid wonderful. I will say this... any positive talk to that iem is warranted. It deserves it. It's a remarkable product. Great fit, great cable. Not only one of the best CCA products it is easily on par with many 1000 dollar iems, it is very very good.

May 6, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #100,577 of 104,106
You know, I have never understood what people mean when they say this IEM has “better mid” than the others. Midrange is midrange. What’s that even mean
This hobby is dumb. We are all from different countries speaking sometimes different languages, we all call things different. That's my biggest grip about the hobby, that and the audiophile salad of word that some people use. It's tough we all call it different things.

If the upper mids are off. it can be very shouty.
1714974725342.png

The the lower mids are recessed then it feels like vocals are gone.
1714974770948.png

I think there are certain areas that people are sensitive to. I personally need it all to be right if not, I'm kinda blarg about products. But the thing is it's nice having a few minorly different iems. If all iems were the same, what would be the point to an extent. This is't really for @o0genesis0o just to kind of express some feeling about audio and say that this is one part of the hobby that is hard. Describing the sount, and finding a uniform way for us to all do that.

May 6, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #100,578 of 104,106
You know, I have never understood what people mean when they say this IEM has “better mid” than the others. Midrange is midrange. What’s that even mean
:) may be he explained..I find his videos difficult to follow.. Just happened to click and got to that part where he says..

May 6, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #100,579 of 104,106
W
Bros, not sure when my CCA Hydro video will launch, cause I got baby momma drama other reviews to do, but it's easily as good as many 300 dollar products that I've heard. But suffice it to say it's mindbendingly awesome for the price and gets a full recommendation. I was listening to it, just losing myself in the music, not many iems can do that for me. Like, if you are at a show and someone has one to let you listen to it. I'd recommend it very highly. It's just stupid wonderful. I will say this... any positive talk to that iem is warranted. It deserves it. It's a remarkable product. Great fit, great cable. Not only one of the best CCA products it is easily on par with many 1000 dollar iems, it is very very good.
Whoaaa! Tempting! Will see when and at what price it launches in my country. It will not be immediately.. Which is good. Can buy only if I really want it.

May 6, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #100,580 of 104,106
This hobby is dumb. We are all from different countries speaking sometimes different languages, we all call things different. That's my biggest grip about the hobby, that and the audiophile salad of word that some people use. It's tough we all call it different things.

If the upper mids are off. it can be very shouty.

The the lower mids are recessed then it feels like vocals are gone.

I think there are certain areas that people are sensitive to. I personally need it all to be right if not, I'm kinda blarg about products. But the thing is it's nice having a few minorly different iems. If all iems were the same, what would be the point to an extent. This is't really for @o0genesis0o just to kind of express some feeling about audio and say that this is one part of the hobby that is hard. Describing the sount, and finding a uniform way for us to all do that.
I like the glossary of audiophile terms that I link in every review. It is quite good.

You know when reviewing gets really hard? The oddballs like Pilgrim that is neutral to bright-ish yet slightly recessed upper mid.

People would be like:
  • neutral bright so, shouty?
  • Not shouty means dark?
  • Neutral bright but not shouty and not dark? You are just BS because they give you free s**t

May 6, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #100,581 of 104,106
Haha! It's a disruptive world we live in ...

Hmm, how can the Hydro be a TOTL kicka*ser disruptor, yet gets beaten in mids and treble by a year-old $250 offering?
How can a single BA beat out many hybrid and tribrid IEM's well beyond it's price range? TECH & TUNING. P8 has better tech, but overall, the Hydro can hang in there closely with it and other TOTL offerings?

May 6, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #100,582 of 104,106
How can a single BA beat out many hybrid and tribrid IEM's well beyond it's price range? TECH & TUNING. P8 has better tech, but overall, the Hydro can hang in there closely with it and other TOTL offerings?
It seems consensus wise Hydro loses a bit in mid and treble technicality in comparison to other $80~$250.
but the tuning are spot on and really enjoyable despite the slight lack of tech.

Hifri noted that budget BAs (bellsings) could hang in Mids but still loses in high and ultra high to more pricier offering like knowles and sonion.

Let's see how much it going to be when it arrive in my country like... 1~2 month from now...
this new import law in my country kinda hurts this hobby.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #100,584 of 104,106
Not disputing you or looking down on you, but I smiled at P8 and “other TOTL offerings”. I mean I love P8 as much as any other AFUL fanboys but let’s not underestimate the big bois 😂

But again, it’s mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.

May 6, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #100,585 of 104,106
Iam not that active buyer not at all. Older iems bought lot time ago like jays q jays, sony mdr ex 600,phonak audeo pfe 112, aurisonic rockets (sit in heaven horible quality and only one iem that was broken). But good sound after that etymotic er2se and fiio fd5. And ara for action price new for price andromeda it have it for 2 years. Ea 1000 for good price was good and because good i go for timsok ts-316. Iam done for another year. Maybe mega 5 est when for sale.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #100,586 of 104,106
Iam not that active buyer not at all. Older iems bought lot time ago like jays q jays, sony mdr ex 600,phonak audeo pfe 112, aurisonic rockets (sit in heaven horible quality and only one iem that was broken). But good sound after that etymotic er2se and fiio fd5. And ara for action price new for price andromeda it have it for 2 years. Ea 1000 for good price was good and because good i go for timsok ts-316. Iam done for another year. Maybe mega 5 est when for sale.
I’m enjoying the EA1000 quite a bit. It has such an uncanny soundstage with some tracks and video games. I like to point my finger to the passive radiation driver but can’t say for sure. Such a great value for an IEM.

My only complaint is that it is not very isolating. Foam tips help somewhat, but no where nearly as isolating as a sealed IEM.

Edit: unfortunately, I’m a bit disappointed by the pairing with Simgot own dongle, the DEW4X. Maybe it would be better if I use the 4.4 output of the dongle.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #100,587 of 104,106
May 6, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #100,588 of 104,106
Hifri noted that budget BAs (bellsings) could hang in Mids but still loses in high and ultra high to more pricier offering like knowles and sonion
I simply avoid them due to principles. I honestly don’t even care how they sound.

May 6, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #100,589 of 104,106
The Celest Relentless is a 6 BA + 1 DD hybrid.
the Relentless sports a V-shaped tuning, which is very fun with big bass and a resolving treble. Treble is very well extended with superb air, something different from some of the recent darker Celest house tunings.
In fact, the technical chops on the Relentless are quite something, with a huge soundstage and nice micro-detailing. There's some hint of BA timbre, but initial impressions are quite promising. Will do some burn-in and A/B comparisons against other hybrid benchmarks and report back.

Just to recap for my own benefit. On the new releases.

In the 100 to 150$: KZ Hydro (@Jaytiss recos) and Celest Relentless (Baskinshark initial impressions seems to be pretty good).

In the sub 30: CCA Trio for its staging, separation, mid-bass

50 to 100: Kefine Delci (sub-bass focussed) and Artti R1 (Mid-bass) . Both equal raves, depending on which part of bass you seek prominence.

250$: Ziigaat Doscinco (its bass getting the raves like here by Luke Reid, whose measured reviews I am beginning to dig)

400$: Elysian Pilgrim (awaiting more reviews, @o0genesis0o likes it a lot?) and Penon Voltage ( gushing-rave from DSnuts on Penon Voltage ! (Pilgrim ish price i reckon or maybe not) Fair to assume that Penon fanboys will soon jump and rave on this soon. Will one outsider will say yeah good but not that great and amusing popcorn-popping timepass of passionate eyerolls to follow?!) and Hype 4, i guess.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #100,590 of 104,106
Just to recap for my own benefit. On the new releases.

In the 100 to 150$: KZ Hydro (@Jaytiss recos) and Celest Relentless (Baskinshark initial impressions seems to be pretty good).

In the sub 30: CCA Trio for its staging, separation, mid-bass

50 to 100: Kefine Delci (sub-bass focussed) and Artti R1 (Mid-bass) . Both equal raves, depending on which part of bass you seek prominence.

400$: Elysian Pilgrim (awaiting more reviews, @o0genesis0o likes it a lot?) and Penon Voltage ( gushing-rave from DSnuts on Penon Voltage ! (Pilgrim ish price i reckon) Fair to assume that Penon fanboys will soon jump and rave on this soon. Will one outsider will say yeah good but not that great and amusing popcorn-popping timepass of passionate eyerolls will follow that)
there is EPZ Q1 Pro as well in sub $50 if you want resolution
there is Kefine Delci, Aful MagicOne, and Simgot EA500LM in $50~100 range

few pages back i ask this question on whats recommended in $80~120 and got several recs, but i forgot to summarize the recommendations.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back