The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
May 5, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #1,096 of 1,141
How would you compare the hc4 to the Elite?
The HC4 is not completely out classed by the Elite.
The HC4 has more lower midrange and a wetter bass with more over hang.
Detail wise they are both similar but the stage is different.
The Elite is more up front and wider.
The HC4 is set back like your 5-6 rows back and the stage is narrower.
The sense of air is greater with the Elite and it seems too be faster.
HC4 is more laid back
Stage depth and layering is better on the Elite
Both great at what they do.
If you can find a HC4 at a good price I would say buy it.

HC4 with the PA10 pairs very well.
This would give some expensive daps a run.
The Elite with a Vorzuge Pure ii+ is just a step up.
Mojo 2 with Vorzuge Pure ii+ another step up and I would say very near or slightly better than a Hugo 2.
It’s been 4+ years since I owned a Hugo 2 so going from old memory.

These are all fantastic sounding devices.
It just a matter of what you prefer.

Just my take as usual.👍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #1,097 of 1,141
Listening the Elite connected to the Hiby M300 and it sounds just bad. The sound is thin, narrow, the bass is lacking, trebles are bright. Comparing with Samsung s20 as a source, Hiby sounds like a cheap mp3 player.
What am i doing wrong? Im using UAPP which has detected the internal dac on the M300, all set to bit perfect.

May 6, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #1,098 of 1,141
Lacking output usbc power on m300 ?

May 6, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #1,099 of 1,141
Lacking output usbc power on m300 ?
Yeah probably. Everything sounds thinner and bit quieter.
Is there any small device with an output power of Samsung phone that lasts at least 6h with the Elite?
I was recommended the Sony Xperia 10V, maybe will try this one.
Pity because i really like the size and the system responsiveness of the M300.

May 6, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #1,100 of 1,141
I am looking for a same same device too 😅

May 6, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #1,101 of 1,141
May 6, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #1,103 of 1,141
May 6, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #1,105 of 1,141
No, it recognizes internal Me300 dac when the Elite is not connected, which means that the UAPP works.
Then, when the Elite is connected, it recognizes an external dac from IBasso.
If you want great transportation, get a V50, pay a penny for it and it's great for your purpose. If you take it, leave it on Android 9 and disable updates so it will remain compatible with MQA files and will have native DSD reading. I have two and they are excellent. :wink:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/31422019923...alD2D1FiOC2YtIdSqJ+y7FtSZUo=|tkp:BFBMgI_-4-lj

May 6, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #1,106 of 1,141
Thanx yeah, i keep it in mind as an option after you recommended it to me some time ago. But its still quite big and i have a dap so i want to go down with the size as much as possible to justify keeping the Elite. Something of the size of M300 or Sony nw-a306 would be perfect but they seem to struggle with usb power and the Elite is bottlenecked. It plays ok but not as dynamic, warmish, articulated and wide as with the Samsung phone. I could use it with the Samsung but the battery life will be horrible as i use it not only for music and i need the phone separately. Need to think about it, seems like my expectations will be hard to meet. Very pity because i love the Elites sound.

May 6, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #1,107 of 1,141
Yeah probably. Everything sounds thinner and bit quieter.
Is there any small device with an output power of Samsung phone that lasts at least 6h with the Elite?
I was recommended the Sony Xperia 10V, maybe will try this one.
Pity because i really like the size and the system responsiveness of the M300.

Did you try it with the HibyMusic app on M300, making sure Exclusive HQ USB audio access is enabled and the USB output setting is set to USB audio performance mode in Settings?

May 6, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #1,108 of 1,141
Did you try it with the HibyMusic app on M300, making sure Exclusive HQ USB audio access is enabled and the USB output setting is set to USB audio performance mode in Settings?
Thanx, yeah I tried everything with the Hiby app and all USB options and also an exclusive Tidal option in Tidal app but they sounded exactly like from UAPP. The bass is there but more muddy, there is lack of expansiveness of the sound. It just sounds congested when compared to the Samsung as a source.

May 6, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #1,109 of 1,141
At least you will understand if the situation is limited to the DC04PRO.
I ended up getting DC06PRO which seems to be working better, but not ideally. For some reason after 20 minutes of Sportify dongle disconnects and I have to re-plug it. Also sometimes when I plug it in for the first time after longer period of time, UAPP playback stutters and dongle LED blinks between red and green as if connection is not stable. Re-plugging it solves the issue. I do hope that with later HyperOS iterations this will be solved.

DC06PRO also sounds really nice :)

May 6, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #1,110 of 1,141
I ended up getting DC06PRO which seems to be working better, but not ideally. For some reason after 20 minutes of Sportify dongle disconnects and I have to re-plug it. Also sometimes when I plug it in for the first time after longer period of time, UAPP playback stutters and dongle LED blinks between red and green as if connection is not stable. Re-plugging it solves the issue. I do hope that with later HyperOS iterations this will be solved.

DC06PRO also sounds really nice :)
Sometimes, some portable devices, the source, does not put out adequate current for the dongle. This can take a while as the source connection heats up and then disconnects. Have you tried the 06 with a computer, which is a much better current source, to check this out? And it depends upon the monitors being used, how hard or easy they are to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back