The PENON official thread
May 3, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #13,697 of 13,841
I said it originally. Read the thread before posting a question that's been asked before.

And second, stop cross examining people like they are plants to make you buy. One uninformed question, fine, but stop it after that if you're not willing to read thru the thread to figure out the guy you need to know, RIGHT NOW, is a paid rep.

You've been around long enough to know about "member of the trade" and head Fi rules.

This guy does it for the love of the hobby. You've been around long enough to read that.

You do know this little conversation was perfectly amicable before you stuck your oar in right ?

You donā€™t need to jump to your ā€œbroā€™sā€ rescue, he was perfectly fine on his own and handled a civilised question in a very civilised and courteous manner.

There isnā€™t any need to see every little thing that you donā€™t like from me or anyone else as a personal affront or an attack against the camaraderie between you or your Head Fi mates.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #13,700 of 13,841
$50 a pair of earplugs? Really, I do not understand. šŸ˜„
They are very good tips and a cheap part of the hobby if they work for you. Yes the purchase stings but it wouldnā€™t be the worst $50 I have spent on audiošŸ˜‚
You said it? If they work for you. If not, it will be like losing 50 dollars.šŸ˜

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #13,701 of 13,841
You said it? If they work for you. If not, it will be like losing 50 dollars.šŸ˜

That can pretty much be said of anything in the hobby right?

May 3, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #13,702 of 13,841
50 dollars a pair of eartips? Really, I don't understand. šŸ˜„
Some people pay 2k for a cable. Not everything is for everybody.

May 3, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #13,703 of 13,841
Some people pay 2k for a cable. Not everything is for everybody.
This is true except the tips will affect the sound more than the cable so I'd say the dollar to effect ratio is way way way way better with tips.

I will admit I felt a little off ordering four tips for 50 bucks but they seemed unique and they do something no other tips I have, Do. And I have like 20 different kinds of tips

May 3, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #13,704 of 13,841
You do know this little conversation was perfectly amicable before you stuck your oar in right ?

You donā€™t need to jump to your ā€œbroā€™sā€ rescue, he was perfectly fine on his own and handled a civilised question in a very civilised and courteous manner.

There isnā€™t any need to see every little thing that you donā€™t like from me or anyone else as a personal affront or an attack against the camaraderie between you or your Head Fi mates.
I have no inclination to prolong this. It's all been asked and answered. @Dsnuts is a gentleman, no doubt. His courtesy is appreciated and is generous.

What I'm essentially trying to say is that this territory, these questions, have been asked and answered before, many times in his threads. If you read them, you know the answers already.

I find it particularly annoying that you guys act like you're here for the consumer, most of whom have already been long aware of who @Dsnuts is to this thread, the Discovery thread, to Head Fi, and the hobby in general. Your need for transparency has been addressed, many times, but as you correctly point out, @Dsnuts is very generously courteous to not just say, asked and answered, see pages X, y, Z.

May 3, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #13,705 of 13,841
May 3, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #13,706 of 13,841
I have no inclination to prolong this. It's all been asked and answered. @Dsnuts is a gentleman, no doubt. His courtesy is appreciated and is generous.

What I'm essentially trying to say is that this territory, these questions, have been asked and answered before, many times in his threads. If you read them, you know the answers already.

I find it particularly annoying that you guys act like you're here for the consumer, most of whom have already been long aware of who @Dsnuts is to this thread, the Discovery thread, to Head Fi, and the hobby in general. Your need for transparency has been addressed, many times, but as you correctly point out, @Dsnuts is very generously courteous to not just say, asked and answered, see pages X, y, Z.

I understand your point of course but it seems a little unreasonable to assert that me or anyone else should read through 900 plus pages looking for details to clarify the situation or anything else for that matter.

You said it yourself in a roundabout way, if the question has been asked ā€œmany timesā€ already surely that is an indication that others share the same concern/opinion and have also raised the matter rather than read through however many hundreds of pages the thread was at that time.

Doesnā€™t the fact that the question has been asked ā€œmany timesā€ indicate that others also have thoughts about transparency and that perhaps there should be some means of providing that to save folks having to ask how it comes to be that a very obvious group of individuals are so very active and always have a pile of new gear at their disposal to talk about and seemingly promote/advertise on behalf of various companies ?

Isnā€™t that just common sense, it is to me. If it isnā€™t to you that is fine but like I said before, that is no need for you to get so concerned about it and leap in like me or anyone else is personally attacking someone in your circle of mates here Dsnuts handle the situation perfectly fine all on his own.

Can we leave it there, you are not going to make me feel bad for asking the question and I clearly arenā€™t going to make you agree it isnā€™t your place to police otherā€™s conduct here.

May 3, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #13,707 of 13,841
Ok fellas. In the immortal words of one Bob Marley. One love.

We are here to learn about Penon stuff. Onwards and upwards we go.
When I did the Quattro comparison yesterday I have to admit. Love the Quattros for its natural sound signature. It has to be the most natural tonal character for any of the Penon IEMs. Quattros are so unique among the Penon line up. Definitely worth having a set in your collection. Not to mention just how good they sound amped.

May 3, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #13,708 of 13,841

When I did the Quattro comparison yesterday I have to admit. Love the Quattros for its natural sound signature. It has to be the most natural tonal character for any of the Penon IEMs. Quattros are so unique among the Penon line up. Definitely worth having a set in your collection. Not to mention just how good they sound amped.

I am a die hard Penon fan. Just got the Sound Rhyme Prado for tour. It is phenomenal.

I have loved the Quattro, 10th AE & Turbo just as much and am eagerly waiting for Voltage āš”

May 3, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #13,709 of 13,841

The Quattros amped are an absolute joy! The price to performance ratio gets even crazier when you insert Quattro into an amped chain.

What gets maybe a little ridiculous is that the Quattro is the least expensive part of the chain, but the most important. It is a statement piece by Penon, deviating from all else, in the best way, making it a must in my collection, and my current favorite Penon iem, period.

May 3, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #13,710 of 13,841

I currently listen to QUATTRO, SERIAL, TURBO and recently FAN2, and I love them all.
They are all IEMs with a strong personality of their own, which give me real pleasure in listening to music.
I'm happy I got them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back