Volumio Primo/Rivo/Integro
Jan 17, 2024 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Ichos

Reviewer at hxosplus
I am starting this thread so owners or people who think of buying the Volumio media streaming devices can exchange impressions and information.

Most people should be familiar with the Volumio OS which is installed in a lot of streamers and Pi's but the may not know that Volumio is making three steaming devices. A dedicated streamer, the Rivo, a DAC/streamer, the Primo and a streaming integrated amplifier, the Integro.

Volumio products

I own the Rivo and I have reviewed the Primo.

Volumio Primo Review

Please share information if you are an owner of a Volumio device.

IMG_20231224_151746-wm-67351.5_watermarked.jpg

Feb 10, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 46
I am starting this thread so owners or people who think of buying the Volumio media streaming devices can exchange impressions and information.

Most people should be familiar with the Volumio OS which is installed in a lot of streamers and Pi's but the may not know that Volumio is making three steaming devices. A dedicated streamer, the Rivo, a DAC/streamer, the Primo and a streaming integrated amplifier, the Integro.

Volumio products

Volumio Primo Review

Ichos,

As an owner of the Rivo, can you please confirm it supports folder view - it is the only aspect holding me back from purchasing it.

My use case would be an external USB drive with the following folder structure:

Genre (main folder)
>Artist (sub folder)
>>Album(s) (sub-sub folder)
>>>Songs (sub-sub-sub folder)

Thank you.

Edit: I need the software to follow the 'folder', not the album/artist metada, cover art or any other type of internal indexing.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 46
Hi!
I have the Rivo with external USB drive connected to it, I can browse this library as a standard harddrive with folders and albums like "drill down", or search in metadata for artist, song, genres etc. Very happy with it! :)

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 46
Ichos,

As an owner of the Rivo, can you please confirm it supports folder view - it is the only aspect holding me back from purchasing it.

My use case would be an external USB drive with the following folder structure:

Genre (main folder)
>Artist (sub folder)
>>Album(s) (sub-sub folder)
>>>Songs (sub-sub-sub folder)

Thank you.

Edit: I need the software to follow the 'folder', not the album/artist metada, cover art or any other type of internal indexing.
Hi,

Folder view is supported. There is a regular file browser.

Feb 11, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 46
Excellent, thank you both!

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #6 of 46

Volumio products

Volumio Primo Review

IMG_20231224_151746-wm-67351.5_watermarked.jpg
For $2000 which streamer DAC or streamer plus DAC sounds best with Tidal/Qobuz ? Thanks!

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #9 of 46
I am considering buying a RIVO. How come Volumios are not getting much love here?
I don't know why. Not much hype and advertising I guess. The Rivo is my main streamer, I works flawlessly almost 24/7 , has great UI and crystal clear digital output.

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 46
Had no clue this thread nor these products even existed, hahaha. I'm glad to have seen this at the top of the sub-forum list though. I have been looking around for a streaming solution for going on 6 months now.

The Rivo looks like a candidate for me. I want something that I can connect as follows: streamer (USB HD/SSD attached housing music library) > DDC (via USB) > DAC (via digital coax, preferably) > amp

I only play local music files; no streaming services, no NAS or networking needs. This would be for a simple desktop headphone rig that gets infrequent, low hours of use. I just want a setup that I can appreciate when I actually use it without any time spent on learning how to use it, maintain it, upgrade it, etc. I just want it to work; I do not want complexity. And I don't want to spend much more than $1,000 on whatever solution I wind up getting.

Important for me will be the capabilities and interface of the controlling operating system, especially ease of use in terms of controlling music playback with an iPhone & Macbook Pro.

Guess I can dive into learning more about this device because I had resigned myself (not really fair to term it that way because I am more than fine going this way-->) to having a Mac Mini as the best device for my needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back