Volumio Primo/Rivo/Integro
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #17 of 46
Which linear power supply (500 € max) would you recommend for using with the Volumio Rivo ?
Hi,
There are lot of good lps in the market. Sean Jacobs, UpTone audio, JCAT, SBooster, Farad, Plixir .....
I am now using a Kenneth Lau lps and may try JCAT later.
My favorite power supply might not be the same for you. Your gear, your goals might be different. Go and try it yourself😅

May 1, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #19 of 46
want something that I can connect as follows: streamer (USB HD/SSD attached housing music library) > DDC (via USB) > DAC (via digital coax, preferably) > amp
Curious why the DDC is needed here? I’d assume Rivo does the reclocking already, or whatever needed to serve clean digital output for DAC.

Rivo does look interesting also for me, but it again does not solve Apple Music streaming. Seems like I can’t connect iPhone to Rivo and let it process the apple music stream in that way. I think so far only Holo Audio Red (as dedicated streamer) is capable of such use case.

May 1, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #21 of 46
Rivo have AirPlay…😉
Yes, however then the quality is lower. It's not full resolution hi-res like if I would stream it from iPhone directly into DAC over USB cable. This is what is possible with Holo Red or Eversolo A6/A8, but seems like it's not possible with Rive (or any other such streamer as far as I know).

Holo Red and Eversolo have also DAC inside, that's why it is not optimal for me, I have dedicated DAC I want to use, so buying another box that has a DAC I will never use isn't ideal. Rive does look very nice and being from Italy it's another plus. I'd just need to switch to Tidal, if I wanted to use streaming service in full quality.

May 1, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #23 of 46
I compared iFi Elite and and Ferrum Hypsos with my RIVO for a short while. I subjectively felt Hypsos made it sound a bit better (could be my imagination), but my RIVO died when I wanted to try more to confirm. It was only 3 days old, lol. I'm in touch with Beatechnik now.

May 1, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #26 of 46
Died ! What is happening!
It may run a few minutes after a fresh power cycle, then it will restart and keep staying on green light for a long time and then turn into standby mode.

After a few try, I finally factory reset it, but it still does the same thing.

May 1, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #27 of 46
It may run a few minutes after a fresh power cycle, then it will restart and keep staying on green light for a long time and then turn into standby mode.

After a few try, I finally factory reset it, but it still does the same thing.
Mine do have similar situation when first start. I power off it and restart after few hours. Everything ok till now. I don't know why, software issue, maybe.

May 1, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #28 of 46
Mine do have similar situation when first start. I power off it and restart after few hours. Everything ok till now. I don't know why, software issue, maybe.
Mine was able to work continuously for 3 days without any issue. Since this happened, it would not stay on for longer than 5 mins. There was definitely something wrong. I will see what they say and update.

May 1, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #30 of 46
I had some problem to connect to MyVolumio, everything else worked ok. After some fault hunting, it turned out to be the firewall in the router that stopped the MyVolumio, so after opening up firewall for that connection, everything has been stable for months. Knock on wood! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back