Xp7 !!!!!!!!
Nov 12, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 43
I'd like to second this excellent product. I'm VERY happy with mine!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks Todd!!

Nov 12, 2003 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 43
Anybody know if Todd has these in stock? Have an email into him but haven't heard back.

Nov 12, 2003 at 6:54 AM Post #7 of 43
Ah, I see, ok. Thanks. I thought it was a little odd I hadn't heard back from him.

Nov 12, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #8 of 43
sorry this is stupid, however i thought i would just shout out to a fellow nebraskan - yo sean! at least there are a couple of us here representing nebraska.

Nov 12, 2003 at 5:32 PM Post #9 of 43
The XP-7 will be in stock again early next week. I have 3 coming and currently there are no orders for them. I seem to always have them sold by the time I get them. They are a fantastic amp and an even better value!!!

To those of you who had orders already in for them - they shipped out yesterday and today. Keep your eyes and ears open for their arrival.

Todd

P.S. Sean H. - check your e-mail :xf_mad:)

Nov 23, 2003 at 2:04 PM Post #10 of 43
Is the XP-7 Power Supply compatible with european 220 Volts?

Nov 23, 2003 at 3:50 PM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Fafner
Is the XP-7 Power Supply compatible with european 220 Volts?

Yes.

But it must be ordered this way, not a user mod.

Nov 23, 2003 at 9:48 PM Post #12 of 43
I just finished counting battery hours on my XP-7. I got 9 hours of tremendous sound--well short of the 30-40 mark I had heard about with this amp. I am using Plainview rechargeables. Am I correct in thinking that my battery life is unusually low? I listened through Grado SR325s with the volume at 9 o'clock. Please help me!

Nov 24, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #13 of 43
It must be your batteries...I have now had my amp for two weeks, and I've been listening to it pretty much 10+ hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week at work. I just put my second set of new batteries into mine yesterday.

I know that one of the things you give up with rechargeables is the life of the charge. I'm thinking that's it. Or, maybe they weren't fully charged???

Dunno.....
confused.gif

Nov 24, 2003 at 3:41 AM Post #14 of 43
Any new battery has to be cycled at least 6-8 times before it reaches 90% of its full capacity. Reaching 100% is rare and usually depends on the operationg temperature, load etc.

completely discharge and recharge the batteries 6 - 8 times...better to do so while listening to music...

You should see an increase in battery performance...

Either that or you are trying to drive a 12" MTX Subwoofer with the XP-7
tongue.gif

hee hee
600smile.gif

Nov 24, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #15 of 43
Hi All,

One point I would like to make is that the XP-7 was designed and rated at 30-40 hours with alkaline batteries - not rechargeables.

I had the opportunity to listen for an extended period to the XP-7 last week and am so impressed with it!!! It is dead silent and clean - pitch black between notes. My Meridian 507 output stage is the only noise that I can hear with low impedance headphones and I cannot hear anything with the HD600 or 650. There have been some complaints about the noise but it is NOT the amp. I tested it with portable cd players, the 507 and from the output of 3 different phono stages. The XP-7 is dead silent. I also compared it for noise with the Cosmic Reference and Meier Prehead and they all were silent other than the output noise from my cd player (non existant with high impedance headphones and minimal with Grado RS1). I tried both alkaline batteries and the XP-7 power supply.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back