Xp7 !!!!!!!!
Nov 24, 2003 at 6:35 AM Post #16 of 43
Elrod, would you please clarify how long are the NIMH plainviews lasting on your XP7?
Dimitri says he is getting 9 hours, you said you'd been listening for two weeks an average of 10 hours a day 6 to seven days a week.....

Nov 24, 2003 at 6:59 AM Post #17 of 43
Originally posted by gsferrari
Any new battery has to be cycled at least 6-8 times before it reaches 90% of its full capacity. Reaching 100% is rare and usually depends on the operationg temperature, load etc.

It's true...I remember I purchased some 2300mAh AA batteries that were supposed to last very long. Charged them and tried them with my brand new digital camera. To my surprise after 30 photos they were already dead!!! I thought there was some problem with the batteries or the charger (or even the camera!)...but after some cycles I can say there was no problem: now I can shoot more than 200 photos with the same set of charged batteries...so you have to be patient :)

Nov 24, 2003 at 10:11 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by mariowar
Elrod, would you please clarify how long are the NIMH plainviews lasting on your XP7?
Dimitri says he is getting 9 hours, you said you'd been listening for two weeks an average of 10 hours a day 6 to seven days a week.....

I'm not using the rechargeables...I'm using plain old alkaline batteries, like Ray recommended.

Nov 24, 2003 at 2:05 PM Post #19 of 43
Hello,

I found out about the required cycling of rechargeables shortly after posting. I performed my hour count only after the second charge. Further, I never discharged them fully--i set them to charge as soon as I heard the slightest distortion. This time I ran them all the way down before the charge. It took about one hour from the first distorted sound to silence. Here's another thing--i dropped one battery onto a wood floor from a height of about two feet. I recalled doing so after reading that dropping NiMH batteries causes certain damage. Thomas Distributing recommends replacement after a battery is dropped. Can anyone vouch for their claim? Thanks,

Dimitri

Nov 24, 2003 at 6:45 PM Post #22 of 43
Hey Todd...have you already shipped mine (ordered it on Friday from Switzerland)?
280smile.gif

Nov 24, 2003 at 11:15 PM Post #24 of 43
I listened to both the E5c and HD600 on the XP-7 at the Chicago meet. I bought one...nuff said!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #25 of 43
HI Fafner,

Your XP-7 was sent out on Friday. You should have it this week!

Jeff,

The XP-7 works great with both headphones. Sorry for the damages, well, sort of
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2003 at 4:26 PM Post #27 of 43
Havent received mine yet....buaaaahhhhh
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2003 at 4:33 PM Post #28 of 43
Fafner, Todd said that the Xp7 was shipped on November 19 and PRIORITY MAIL takes 2 to 3 days to deliver. Contact Todd by phone as soon as possible. I got mine in 2 days.

Dec 1, 2003 at 4:35 PM Post #29 of 43
Could be...but I'm Swiss. Don't think it takes 2 days to arrive...even in ultraexpress mode :wink:
A Total Airhead took 9 days to arrive starting from the day I received the shipping confirmation. And they shipped with FedEx (don't know how does Tod ship overseas).
I was just kidding...my Senns HD650 are waiting for it.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back