(Piezoelectric) Crystals, Hifi and Negative Ions...
May 3, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #31 of 72
i also added to my test setup 3 cables...

1. one going un-isolated trough the tourmaline mix
2. one going isolated trough the tourmaline mix
3. one unisolated "above" the tourmaline without contact

all other ends of the cables are unisolated and taped onto the paper, so if there is some kind of static build up because negative ions it would (maybe) show on the paper...

i will leave this test setup for probably a few weeks or till there are obvious signs somewhere

May 3, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #32 of 72
wait... Are you the guy who used to do ASMR videos with all his equipment wrapped in tin foil?

May 3, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #33 of 72
Probably not

May 3, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #34 of 72
I just took another look across at the Ground Box thread where they also talk about crystals and audio.

Thirty seconds of casual looking about through the thread and three pages back what did I stumble upon ?

Apparently dark coloured crystals sitting on your amplifier will affect the bass and lighter coloured crystals will affect the treble. Who could have believed that the exact same relationship is said to exist with audio cables ?

I wonder what might be going on there 🤔

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #35 of 72
a pretty subjective thing because no one can say what actually goes on, this doesnt invalidate the theory "that there is some kind of difference"

for this reason im also always pretty careful with other opinions about what actually sounds "better", i kinda more like to trust myself here, tho this doesnt mean im always right either soo...

May 3, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #36 of 72
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking

Or more precisely what we are dealing with here...

"Quasi-magical thinking" describes "cases in which people act as if they erroneously believe that their action influences the outcome, even though they do not really hold that belief".[47] People may realize that a superstitious intuition is logically false, but act as if it were true because they do not exert an effort to correct the intuition.[48]

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #37 of 72
Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #38 of 72
I just took another look across at the Ground Box thread where they also talk about crystals and audio.

Thirty seconds of casual looking about through the thread and three pages back what did I stumble upon ?

Apparently dark coloured crystals sitting on your amplifier will affect the bass and lighter coloured crystals will affect the treble. Who could have believed that the exact same relationship is said to exist with audio cables ?

That thread should be retitled to “How to void your homeowners/renters insurance”

If someone with one of those absurd and uncertified devices has a fire that can be in any way linked to their electrical system, they likely won’t be seeing any financial compensation from their insurer. That people are providing evidence which could be used against them if something unfortunate happens never ceases to amaze me.

May 3, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #39 of 72
That thread should be retitled to “How to void your homeowners/renters insurance”
for a device that is usually only connected to ground? sure lol

you have the same problem in making your own cables or whatever, tho you should be pretty certain that your particular DIY device is unlikely to actually start a fire...

May 4, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #40 of 72
hoodoo

May 4, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #41 of 72
for a device that is usually only connected to ground? sure lol

you have the same problem in making your own cables or whatever, tho you should be pretty certain that your particular DIY device is unlikely to actually start a fire...

Good luck explaining that to your insurance company. I’m sure they’ll be very understanding…

I didn’t say that a DIY ground box would start a fire, but if an uncertified device is being used, it is going to be an issue if you need to make a claim. Same for the rocket surgeons posting about wiring around a fuse and removing it from the circuit. And trust me, they aren’t going to care about your pseudoscience, nor will they be swayed by incessant babbling and random internet links.

May 4, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #42 of 72
Good luck explaining that to your insurance company. I’m sure they’ll be very understanding…

I didn’t say that a DIY ground box would start a fire, but if an uncertified device is being used, it is going to be an issue if you need to make a claim. Same for the rocket surgeons posting about wiring around a fuse and removing it from the circuit. And trust me, they aren’t going to care about your pseudoscience, nor will they be swayed by incessant babbling and random internet links.
i dont believe where i live they can you screw over for connecting something to "some" ground (or device case...) neither they should be able to where you live

Also what about custom work of electricians? they are not "certified" but you are still allowed to use them.... it sounds great how you say it but idk...

The real problem start if your particular DIY device actually starts the fire if you ask me, atleast this is what i know about where i live (germany)

May 4, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #43 of 72
This is part of the power cord? I thought it had something to do with RCA jacks.

May 4, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #44 of 72
This is part of the power cord? I thought it had something to do with RCA jacks.
you can do many things... but usually only the ground connection is utilized when we speak about grounding boxes.... either a AC plug ground, RCA,XLR, COAX, AES, BNC etc ... i guess the most problematic thing would be the AC plug here...

in the case of these tourmaline rca caps i got the idea from a german diy forum, they extend the plus pole of the rca but basicly dont connect it... the theory around is that this is only thing that actually enables a electromagnet field to activate the tourmaline

listen expression is difficult, imo also the ones without signal do already a great job (but the ones with signal utilize "do more", but imo the effect is not only positive, just more audible) and preferably i dont wanna build a theoretical capacitor that can actually alter signals

and with these rca caps you basicly dont build anything more than a fancy rca cap (which i guess actually shield the signal pin, if you build the cap right), which still seem to alter the sound positively

IMO its worth a shot if you are curious, thats why i write about it... no one has to buy "snake oil" rca caps for 200$ if you understand the principcles and do a bit of DIY, unfortunaly the industry seems to like to utilize these "secrets" and also keep them for themself because things (if i look at furutech Nano Crystal Formular) are that confuse no matter where you look...

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #45 of 72
Bfreedma is right. You should never jury rig any cable that plugs into the wall. That could invalidate your equipment warranty, make it impossible to collect on insurance, electrocute you, or burn down your house. A licensed electrician would never mess around like that because he’d lose his bond. Bad idea.

Line level and speaker wire is fine. Go crazy. It’s a silly waste of time and a waste of whatever kind of loam you use, but if that rings your bell, feel free.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back