(Piezoelectric) Crystals, Hifi and Negative Ions...
May 4, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #46 of 72
Bfreedma is right. You should never jury rig any cable that plugs into the wall. That could invalidate your equipment warranty, make it impossible to collect on insurance, electrocute you, or burn down your house. A licensed electrician would never mess around like that because he’d lose his bond. Bad idea.
I mean if you wanna play safe just use a crocodile clip, atleast for EU socket this works too, or ask a electrician to make a cable, that should work too...

But i mean... if you wanna play safe consult your insurance or electrician :)

May 4, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #47 of 72
Messing with the power cable is bad advice. Putting boxes of crystals around wires is silly advice.

May 4, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #48 of 72
If you haven’t had a read over on that thread, they show pictures of how to pull the power socket plates off the wall and put little bags if crystals in there on the cables.

Our mate here posts about modifying a power strip with crystals.

It might have little chance of being a problem in reality but any insurance company would see charred remains of bags of crystals poked into the power point and back pedal quick smart from an insurance claim.

The rabbit hole has got far to deep for some folks !

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #49 of 72
May 4, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #50 of 72
Thank you! Please do move on!

May 4, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #51 of 72
I mean if you wanna play safe just use a crocodile clip, atleast for EU socket this works too …
Look, when you make stupid claims about audio because you don’t know anything about audio, that’s one thing and dumb audiophiles deserve to waste their time and money anyway, but when you start giving stupid/ignorant advice about something where the consequences could be injury or even death that’s something else entirely! If you want to risk killing yourself, go for it but do NOT post that ignorant dangerous BS here!!
It might have little chance of being a problem in reality but any insurance company would see charred remains of bags of crystals poked into the power point and back pedal quick smart from an insurance claim.
They and others might not be impressed seeing the charred remains of pets, children, adults or even a whole house either!

G

May 4, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #52 of 72
you can do many things... but usually only the ground connection is utilized when we speak about grounding boxes.... either a AC plug ground, RCA,XLR, COAX, AES, BNC etc ... i guess the most problematic thing would be the AC plug here...

in the case of these tourmaline rca caps i got the idea from a german diy forum, they extend the plus pole of the rca but basicly dont connect it... the theory around is that this is only thing that actually enables a electromagnet field to activate the tourmaline

listen expression is difficult, imo also the ones without signal do already a great job (but the ones with signal utilize "do more", but imo the effect is not only positive, just more audible) and preferably i dont wanna build a theoretical capacitor that can actually alter signals

and with these rca caps you basicly dont build anything more than a fancy rca cap (which i guess actually shield the signal pin, if you build the cap right), which still seem to alter the sound positively

IMO its worth a shot if you are curious, thats why i write about it... no one has to buy "snake oil" rca caps for 200$ if you understand the principcles and do a bit of DIY, unfortunaly the industry seems to like to utilize these "secrets" and also keep them for themself because things (if i look at furutech Nano Crystal Formular) are that confuse no matter where you look...

Good luck blathering your way out of a voided insurance policy. Speaking for myself, I can’t imagine risking my and my family’s safety and/or voiding my insurance over snake oil, but you do you.

You can take it from here - I have a personal 3 post maximum for engaging trolls and I’ve reached my limit for this conversation.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #53 of 72
Good luck blathering your way out of a voided insurance policy. Speaking for myself, I can’t imagine risking my and my family’s safety and/or voiding my insurance over snake oil, but you do you.
Yea because i know it wont void insurance but you guys do you...

but when you start giving stupid/ignorant advice about something where the consequences could be injury or even death that’s something else entirely! If you want to risk killing yourself, go for it but do NOT post that ignorant dangerous BS here!!
My final advice is, if you are scared in the case of grounding boxes to connect something "to some ground" then do a little bit more research and dont post crap like voiding your insurance

what me and other do else DIY wise is completely up to them and if you are "not sure" what you are doing dont do it...

May 4, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #54 of 72
let your mom know what you’re doing. She might want to have a say in it.

May 4, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #55 of 72
My final advice is, if you are scared in the case of grounding boxes to connect something "to some ground" then do a little bit more research and dont post crap like voiding your insurance …
What didn’t you understand? No BS “advice” about things you clearly do not understand that are potentially dangerous (and can void your insurance)!! Really, what is wrong with you?
@castleofargh you’re not going to let this stand are you?

G

May 4, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #56 of 72
You think someone here is going to take this seriously? The first post had a video titled "Orgone pyramid...".

May 4, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #57 of 72
You think someone here is going to take this seriously? The first post had a video titled "Orgone pyramid...".
I would hope no one would take any of his posts seriously. I’m still not comfortable with the potentially dangerous BS but you’re the mod, so it’s your decision.

G

May 4, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #58 of 72
what me and other do else DIY wise is completely up to them and if you are "not sure" what you are doing dont do it...

How about actually posting what i wrote overall on this matter? @gregorio
but i know, it looks better just copying half of it...

Again, everyone who thinks "he could" void insurance should make sure that he doesnt! i dont say do things willy nilly... after all i dont know how things are in the US for example, and how much they can and will screw you over for stupid stuff like connecting "something" to only ground

i cant possibly think that DIY RCA end caps will end up having some guy a thought about them being the culprit for the fire... atleast everyone with 3 braincells that not only wants to screw you over

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #59 of 72

There is a very large thread elsewhere on the forum where dozens of people are taking it seriously and have posted descriptions/pictures of their DIY devices. It would be nice if we didn’t allow the same folks to come here and see the existence of posts supporting those devices as supporting evidence for the clearly unscientific thread.

There’s at least one Flunky who used posts here as a Basis to support that bs. Man, we could live without that!

May 4, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #60 of 72
The other part of head Fi regularly teleports posts into sound science when they start getting too rational for their tastes. Boloney posted in sound science should be teleported to the appropriate boloney forum on the other side.

This whole thread should be moved to tweaks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back