The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 5, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #88,411 of 89,548

Last and very much least, zynical, sarcastical music made with prompted AI, including deep lore about the "artists", the "record" itself and intertwining connections in the "scene" in the comments. I liked following the rabbit hole for a while. It is, of course, already almost never ending, because they can just keep poopin' out songs based on funny one-liners. Some of these AI lyrics are genuinely funny though.

Have a great sunday! :)

LOL WUT? 🤣

May 5, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #88,413 of 89,548
It's a wild ride, I'll tell ya. There are great coversongs with a certain german leadership figure on vocals out there.

I actually enjoy some good retro/throwback music...

...but my selections are decidedly less anal. :stuck_out_tongue:

May 5, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #88,414 of 89,548
I actually enjoy some good retro/throwback music...

...but my selections are decidedly less anal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Check out ATA Records, Everland and Athens Of The North over on bandcamp! :)

ATA recreates

Everland and AOTN re-release stuff :)

Going through these catalogues is like a treasure hunt. 😁
Cheers!

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #88,415 of 89,548
Edit - with a bit more use I’m not a huge fan. I find the cases overall too cumbersome and generally speaking not that practical for the intended use. In addition, there was a strong odour on arrival which while it did subside, I can still smell it - currently in the boot of my car but I have to check again over the weekend. The Velcro fasteners are almost too strong and I’m not confident they’ll last with extended use. The internal pouches feel cheap and also not that practical. I still feel the workmanship is of high quality but overall needs work to make it a more functional and premium product.

——————

My ALT-R cases arrived late last week and I took a few photos this afternoon. Beautiful design with the highest quality and craftsmanship from @Visveswaran Umashankar (Insta: HERE)

IMG_3535.jpeg

IMG_3539.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

IMG_3540.jpeg

Hiby R8 II pictured below - plenty of room for even the largest DAPs on the market!

IMG_3547.jpeg

Plenty of pouches in various sizes to hold anything from individual IEMs in the smaller options, up to full cables and IEMs in the larger.

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

There is also a shoulder strap which can affix to below but I left that at home so not pictured here!

IMG_3551.jpeg

The various cases and pouches could certainly accommodate several IEMs, cables, accessories and one or two DAPs. A great solution for me for bringing between my house and summer house as I’m up and down most weeks.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #88,416 of 89,548
My ALT-R cases arrived late last week and I took a few photos this afternoon. Beautiful design with the highest quality and craftsmanship from @Visveswaran Umashankar (Insta: HERE)

IMG_3535.jpeg

IMG_3539.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

IMG_3540.jpeg

Hiby R8 II pictured below - plenty of room for even the largest DAPs on the market!

IMG_3547.jpeg

Plenty of pouches in various sizes to hold anything from individual IEMs in the smaller options, up to full cables and IEMs in the larger.

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

There is also a shoulder strap which can affix to below but I left that at home so not pictured here!

IMG_3551.jpeg

The various cases and pouches could certainly accommodate several IEMs, cables, accessories and one or two DAPs. A great solution for me for bringing between my house and summer house as I’m up and down most weeks.
Won't be long before Vishy is blowing Dignis & friends out of the pool. Stunning work!

drftr

May 5, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #88,417 of 89,548

IMG_3535.jpeg

IMG_3539.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

IMG_3540.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

IMG_3551.jpeg

Man that blue leather is nice. Does the big case close with a magnetic clasp?

May 5, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #88,418 of 89,548
May 5, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #88,419 of 89,548
With over-ears I love the fact that I'm in the music, while with in-ears it feels like the music is in me

What a perfect way to describe it!

Last and very much least, zynical, sarcastical music made with prompted AI

Cracked laughing out loud. What a great way to start the day 🙏😁

May 5, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #88,420 of 89,548
For those who are interested, I just finished my next novel, I mean, the review of Cayin N3Ultra Solid State/Tube DAP :) It's a long one, but everything is partitioned and split into multiple pages to make it easy to follow. Enjoy the read!

cayin-n3ultra-11.jpg

May 5, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #88,421 of 89,548
For those who are interested, I just finished my next novel, I mean, the review of Cayin N3Ultra Solid State/Tube DAP :) It's a long one, but everything is partitioned and split into multiple pages to make it easy to follow. Enjoy the read!

Excellent review as usual
I'd liked to see some comparisons vs Cayins own devices like RU7 or N7
Of course N30LE or N8II are too far off in another tier but nevertheless I d be interested how far the TOTL techs especially regarding the tube implementations have trickled down into the "lo-fi" devices

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #88,422 of 89,548

cayin-n3ultra-11.jpg
Great, thorough review, Alex! I listened at CanJam and was also really impressed. Interesting that you paired with C9, that's a lot of tube goodness, but you liked it...do you think it would pair well with the PB5?

May 5, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #88,424 of 89,548
Curious to see how the Annihilator fares with the Sony then, which is waiting for me back home..

I got it mainly for the esthetics. :)
Makes sense to me. That’s why I bought the Raphael cable for my GM. A little disappointed because It’s a little flimsy for a 500$ cable, though.

Looking forward to your impressions of the Sony! Especially regarding UI speed with streaming apps. Other than that It’s such a beautiful device. I contemplated several times if I should buy one from a Japanese seller.

May 5, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #88,425 of 89,548

Users who are viewing this thread

Back